+13

What did you think about the Internet...around '98? Has it lived up to your expectations?

Image for post **What did you think about the Internet...around '98?** //Has it lived up to your expectations?//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
10 13

I think the Internet has exceeded expectations in both hopes, as well as fears.

@JustJimColo I think the Internet has exceeded expectations in both hopes, as well as fears.

Soooooo...were you on it in '98? Not me....

I suppose things moved faster where you were....

@Sukiesnow Soooooo...were you on it in '98? Not me.... I suppose things moved faster where you were....

I was on military systems before that, and everything moved at a snails pace. I had a 300 Baud modem in 1983 that took about 15 minutes to transfer a 300 kb file. My Apple 2e didn't even have a hard drive. Everything was slow back then.

Nope I tought we'd be able to randomly create infinate free websites as easy as Microsoft publisher by now

I was 7 in 98. I was learning how to use paint, not surfing on the net xD

I've been on the internet in some form or another since the early 90's when I finished my IT degree. I think it has well and truly exceeded my expectations. Just imagine it in another 50 years ...

I was 18 then and really don't remember much about the internet. I was to busy mudding in cornfields and attending tractor pulls...I miss those days.

🦋

Anonymous