The first car you drove had a stick shift transmission. Amirite?

parentaldiscretions avatar Travel
5 22

As a matter of fact, YES! I was glad about it too. None of my friends could drive my car cuz they couldn't do stick.

@Budwick As a matter of fact, YES! I was glad about it too. None of my friends could drive my car cuz they couldn't do stick.

I have a 1998 F-150 pick-up with a five speed on the floor. A lot of younger drivers today probably wouldn't what the clutch is for.

@parentaldiscretion I have a 1998 F-150 pick-up with a five speed on the floor. A lot of younger drivers today probably wouldn't what...

Manual would seem even more important on a truck.
You're right, lot's of people would not be able to drive your truck.

I learned to drive with an automatic shift, but I can drive a car with a stick shift.

For me it is true. It's what my dad taught me on.

The first car I drove (and used for my license test) was a 1961 Thunderbird automatic, but most of the cars I've owned over the years have had standard transmissions.

No my first was an automatic it was Ford F150 truck. Then I had an automatic jeep that sadly went to the pasture last year with no hopes of returning. sad smilie

My dad taught me to drive in his '60 Falcon with a "3 on the tree" shifter. Then when I got my first driver license and bought my first car it was a '54 Ford with "3 on the tree" (I paid $85 for it when I bought it in 1962).

I have never driven a car.

Actually no. I may be older than dirt but they did have automatics back. One of my first trucks did have a "three on the tree" shifter. Do yo know what that is? They don't even make them anymore.

Anonymous