+4

Disagree, fine...but has it ever occurred to you to concede an inch?

Image for post **Disagree, fine...but has it ever occurred to you to concede an inch?**
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
8 18

I accept that people have differences of opinion, but when it comes to facts, I won't give up an inch unless you prove me wrong.

@Maze I accept that people have differences of opinion, but when it comes to facts, I won't give up an inch unless you...

This is an OPINION site primarily.....there is nowhere that says an opinions needs to be totally based on facts...

Like: What is your favourite colour?

@Sukiesnow This is an OPINION site primarily.....there is nowhere that says an opinions needs to be totally based on...

Yeah, but if an opinion disagrees with the facts, isn't it basically WRONG? I mean, there is no correct answer to what your favorite colour is... except what your favorite colour is. And if you lie about that, I'm not in a position to dispute you on it. But if I say politician X did Y, and show you proof of it, and you say that in your opinion they didn't do that, without showing anything to prove your point, what is that? Isn't it some kind of delusion?

@Maze Yeah, but if an opinion disagrees with the facts, isn't it basically WRONG? I mean, there is no correct answer to...

True. But in politics...that's the thing.

So I state another set of facts to support another opinion...

What then: Stalemate?

@Maze If we could both prove two opposing sets of facts, I guess it would be a stalemate.

You present facts supporting Trump is a good guy... I present facts supporting Trump is not great...

Well yes...stalemate it is...but have you taken a look at the word stalemate lately? I mean it is composed of STALE and MATE...ugh...

@Maze

hehe smilie I miss Seinfeld...I''ve stopped watching it since I believe I od'd on it...

So much for our attempt at arguing...:)

@2512664

There is no room for that kind of long-term attitude on Amirite.

I march to my own drum beat, but if I'm proved wrong, I will admit it, and that's more than a lot of people will do. Some even proven wrong, will not give an inch, they just blabber on. And try others that they are right. Blah, blah, blah.

Concede an inch?

Hell no, size matters maniac smilie and we need as many inches as we can get hello smilie

I wouldn't know. I'm too dismissive apparently.

Seldom can anything be said that compels belief.

Sometimes the best that can be achieved is to agree to disagree.

Only when I am shopping for pants.

Not really. Sometimes people are wrong and they just can't get that. I ain't always right nor will I ever claim to be but if I don't agree with something you can bet your bottom dollar I am gonna stand my ground.

I refuse to agree with someone just for the heck of it. If the bring some reasonable and logical statements I just might considerate but I ain't about to give an inch just to make someone happy.

I watch my two coworkers do this all the time with my boss...I on the other hand don't budge an inch and he knows I will argue my point on why I ain't budging. I make sure to back up what is about to come out of my mouth.

🦋

Sometimes that's a tactic...whine and try to get the other person to give in....not going to happen.

I can admit if i'm wrong but if someone is offended by the truth...

Not my problem..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree 0Reply