+3

Is being a Christian more of an attitude than a religion?

Image for post **Is being a Christian more of an attitude than a religion?**
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
6 16

Being a Christian to me is loving the Lord, trying to live a good life, and it's hard. A lot of Christians try to make others feel guilty when they don't attend church on a regular basis, and they know darn well, going to Church won't get you to heaven. And then we have the Sunday only pretentious Christians....they are the hypocrites.

@StarzAbove Being a Christian to me is loving the Lord, trying to live a good life, and it's hard. A lot of Christians try to...

Yes...some people are also really good...you must know a lot of good people who don't necessarily go to your church....and they have good values...why can't Christian also be considered an attitude?

But I agree with the Committed Christians....if some people commit to going to a church let's say...that's a different commitment.....

I grew up thinking that we were the chosen ones...later I discovered that many people were also good and kind...not just Christians....

@Sukiesnow Yes...some people are also really good...you must know a lot of good people who don't necessarily go to your...

I know a lot of good people who don't go to Church, and I also know a lot of good people who do attend Church. Some go just to be going, some go to make social contacts.

Christian could be considered an attitude, but Christians are people.

@StarzAbove I know a lot of good people who don't go to Church, and I also know a lot of good people who do attend Church...

I agree it should also be considered an attitude...yes...it's not exclusive to people who attend churches...

Altho attending a church regularly might give more of an impact to maintaining regular Christian values....

I also know some ppl who attend church regularly who aren't that Christian...it happens...

I feel as if I have most of the same values....I can call myself a Christian without belonging to any organization.

There is no reason why in this zeitgeist we can't use the word "Christian" as an adjective.

@2513671

I know plenty Christians who are not good people.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +1Reply

It just seems inaccurate to me. It's not an attitude that makes a person a Christian. A Christian is a person who believes that Jesus Christ is his Lord and Savior, or at least belongs to a church that teaches this. Christians themselves have a wide range of attitudes.

It's a religion.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +3Reply

That is possible. I don't follow everything in the bible and I don't attend church but there are things that I was taught that I do follow.

Being a Christian is a way of life - it's a life of following Christ and his teachings, his examples. And, no a Christian doesn't have to go to church - though it helps, and yes, there are lots of people who go to church, but that doesn't make them a Christian.
It's way more than just an attitude, IMO.

It's a belief and following of Jesus. You don't have to belong to of follow any church. The most important thing is your personal relationship with God.

I suppose it's difficult to argue either way. The word religion is used in the New Testament, but I suppose most Christians share a similar "attitude" as well. Define it the way you like it. Being a Christian means that you believe that you have everlasting life by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ alone.

It could be but I wouldn't know...Im not a fundamentalist traditional Christian! I think everyone has some of it right...

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Agree +1Reply

It is necessary to know and worship God according to truth (John 17:3) and also necessary to have a good attitude and be obedient to God! All are important

Anonymous