+10

Does anyone understand what insurance choice means? You can choose to have good healthcare, but if you cannot afford it, you are out of luck. How many of you remember trump telling you that healthcare will be available, cheaper and better than it has ever been? Three days before he was sworn in. This plan is going to benefit the wealthy, the well and the insurance companies. If you think differently, you are in denial.

Carlas avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
8 19
@2521290

Lucky you

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2521373

That is insane.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2521297

Im sirry to keep bringing it up, but the more i understand it, the more it infuriates me

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2521329

No just serving dinner.
No time to proof
Im "sirry"

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2521306

I know. It would be a good novel.

Oh.....it was

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2521321

So many of those who are in despair chose not to vote.

Or they made a "statement" by voting for a third party.

This was no joke. It is our new reality and there are just too, too many that welcome it.

Very scary

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

My insurance isn't the great but last month I had to take my oldest daughter Bridge to the ER. They had to do a Cat Scan because she was very ill. The whole visit cost me $150.

Sadly I have no idea bout my bill from my surgery I haven't opened it yet.

I pay $217 every two weeks for myself and 4 kids.

According to the CBO the ACA would reduce cost and insure 30 million more people then it did. if insurance could be purchased across state lines you would have as many as 70 companies to choose from competition would drive prices down.

@altonschwab According to the CBO the ACA would reduce cost and insure 30 million more people then it did. if insurance could be...

Read it all. 10% reduction after 10 years!
No mention how high premiums will go during those 10 years

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@altonschwab so the 10% reduction was not referring to premiums then what was it referring to?

A 10% reduction in premiums by, i believe, 2024. But, it says nothing about the increases that would certainly take place during those preceding years

All the promises that were made are not coming to fruition.

Making coverage available is fuzzy.

A 1959 cadillac may be available to me. But that doesnt mean i can afford to buy it.

The numbers for the elderly, the poor and the ill, are going to make healthcare unaffordable.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla A 10% reduction in premiums by, i believe, 2024. But, it says nothing about the increases that would certainly take...

you are making a lot of points here but let me try a 10% reduction by 2024 mean form now till then there will be a 10% reduction in cost of the premiums. Concerning the promises not coming true he has not been in office very long not even 100 days yet how much have you accomplished in the last 100 days? And in your last statement, are you suggesting that we should throw all the elderly. Poor and the ill off health care to make it more affordable for you?

@altonschwab you are making a lot of points here but let me try a 10% reduction by 2024 mean form now till then there will be a...

I am ill and close to elderly....so no.
Even if i was not, my answer would be of course not.
I am a proponent of universal healthcare.

The promises of which i was speaking were the ones regarding healthcare.

This republican plan does not stand up to those promises.

Trump said that HE was working on a healthcare plan that would be better, cheaper and everyone would be covered.

What they are proposing doesnt even come close to that.

And paul ryan basically wrote it.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla I am ill and close to elderly....so no. Even if i was not, my answer would be of course not. I am a proponent of...

I am sorry to hear that you are ill and I am not sure where I stand on this whole heath care thing on the one hand I think that health care should be available to everybody and on the other hand I have to ask how do we pay for it I don't know all the answers. But when I hear anybody in government tell me that they will make things better I cringe because in my experience everything they get involved with get more expensive and the quality drops to a point where it is almost not worth your efforts to use the system. President Obama also said that the affordable care act would make things better but not so much. We are still trying to find out what is in the bill and every year I am saddled with some new bill that I must pay. My insurance premiums have tripled since the act went into effect and I must agree with you that I don’t think the republican plan is much better is still is the government getting involved with something I think should be left to the private sector. And their Ideas are not much better than the affordable care act. As for universal health care, for me the costs are just too high and the benefits are just too low for me to get behind it.

Anonymous