+19

Saying "Yes, well I seen it on the internet" is never gonna help anyone win an argument.

I am supposed to be the smart one and yes those words came out of my mouth today πŸ˜’

Image for post Saying "Yes, well I seen it on the internet" is never gonna help anyone win an argument.
Lil_Princesss avatar Jokes & Humour
14 24
@2522028

Oh I know, I will never live down what I said today hehe smilie

I just don't believe much of anything on the internet anymore. It's mostly "alternative facts" in other words lies. lol

That's true! We're pretty much doomed when it comes to getting accurate, trustworthy information anymore. (Ref - Aesop's Fable - The Boy Who Cried Wolf)

@Budwick That's true! We're pretty much doomed when it comes to getting accurate, trustworthy information anymore. (Ref -...

I agree. Well at lunch today the discussion was about chocolate being better than broccoli. I said "Yes it is, I seen it on the internet. After receiving the "I just can't believe those words came out of your mouth" look. I realized what I said. hehe smilie

@2522071

Yes there sure is

Or, I heard it on Dr Oz...

@Sukiesnow Or, I heard it on Dr Oz...

Oh that is good one too.

If it wasn't for the disapproving look I received I probably would have said that too hehe smilie

I get your idea, but you can find accurate information in the internet, as now people use internet as a way to spread information. So I can't agree with the "never".

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +3Reply
@Sofia I get your idea, but you can find accurate information in the internet, as now people use internet as a way to...

I understand your point. It was kind of a joke post to begin with after the look I got at lunch today.

@Sofia Sorry

Oh darlin you have nothing to be sorry for at all. You did make a very good point and there is a lot of good information out there for everyone sadly there is a lot of useless information too.

I guess you could say that using "It's correct 'because' it's on the internet" will actually 'always' be a falacious way to win an argument.

Carmos avatar Carmo Agree +1Reply

People have spread lies to their friends about me, online at that, so I can vouch that this is true.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +3Reply
@Lil_Princess I am so sorry to hear that Masha. You are a great person, don't forget that

I won't forget, though I feel that we all need reminders every now and then.)) You are a great person too.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +2Reply
Anonymous