When he Said Make America Great Again What do you Suppose he Really Meant?

Somebody needs to write a Trump to English dictionary. As one reporter put it "It's hard to cover Donald Trump because you're not sure what he means when he says words." Spicer and Conway are constantly trying to spin what he said into something not crazy without much success. Surely his supporters can see him for what he is now, right?

After seeing the republican "replacement" for ACA and Trump's budget is there anyone who still thinks Trump belongs in the WH? This gets more ridiculous every day with one disaster after another. If this total insanity and recent wiretap delusions don't convince Trump voters they royally fucked up what will? His cabinet of crooks wasn't enough to throw up a flag and the constant flow of "alternative facts" didn't do it. This will definitely wake them up, right? No it won't. They'll cheer as the flag is raised and they start rounding up Muslims. There are actually people "praising the lord" for giving us Donald Trump. It's more of a religion than a political group and as such facts are meaningless.This country is too stupid to see that Fascism isn't coming to America it's here and as predicted came wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. Now we have Tillerson trying to start a nuclear conflict on his trip to Korea while he banned all but one reporter from FOX and she wasn't part of the pool so she doesn't share info with other reporters.The next stupidity is Trump's tax cuts. He wants to be sure to make an unfair tax system that drastically favors the rich even more unfair. Societies with such unfair tax systems always degrade into despotism. Trump wants to hand out more free lunch for the 1% as he guts all social, environmental and consumer safety programs. He was stupid enough to push through two pipelines and fuck Native Amerians in favor of foreign corporations. If you think I'm kidding or crazy saying this is the rise of the Fourth Reich or you think it can't happen here WAKE the fuck UP. History IS repeating itself right before your eyes.
.

urwutuiss avatar People & Celebrities
3 22

I think he meant....Make Trump Again....by adding more money to his coffers, and so far he's right on target. Spending taxpayer's money on his trips to Florida, more money spent on security for his wife who is too good to live in the White House, money spent on his son's traveling expenses and security. Where will it end? I'm hoping it will end with his IMPEACHMENT. Can you image the screaming and moaning if that was President Obama doing that crap.

I wrote something very similar elsewhere.I find it hard to disagree with anything you say as I watch from across the Atlantic.I have a History degree and what I see know is very similar to the build up to WW1- and other online acquaintances with such degrees agree with me.

I've no idea, but I found a speech in the post apocalyptic tv series Z Nation, from the self proclaimed President of the United States, Thurston Howell The Fourth, he seems to explain it...

Healthcare and budget aren't passed yet, and negotiations are ongoing, so it's a little hard to comment on them at this time. I did see some positive things in what's been proposed so far though...

"Puts an end to corporate welfare."
http://budget.house.gov/fy2017/...-key-facts.htm

If they do that, that's HUGE.

With health insurance, the main thrust of Trump's vision is to open the market up to competition to drive down prices, as well as for the federal government to give states more control of public healthcare money to allow a diversity of approaches that will promote innovation, as well as to make people's participation in insurance voluntary again. Those seem to me like good steps.

In terms of what making America great again means, it seems to be mainly about getting the government off people's backs. Reducing and simplifying taxes for everyone, and simplifying regulation so it doesn't take a team of lawyers for a business to comply, while still maintaining the key goals of worker safety and environmental protection. America used to be a great place to live, work and do business. A place where opportunity abounded and anyone who was willing to work hard could make a good life for themselves and their family, I believe Trump's goal is to make it that way again.

@Maze Healthcare and budget aren't passed yet, and negotiations are ongoing, so it's a little hard to comment on them at...

It makes no sense at all that allowing interstate competition will do anything to reduce prices. For ins. companies to set up a new network of doctors in another state would be very costly and it does nothing to reduce the cost of care.
The tax reductions give huge breaks to the 1% and very little for average Americans and guts every protection for consumers and the environment.
The added spending for the already bloated military is inane.
He's not getting govt of peoples backs he's giving corporations a path to more record profits while screwing consumers out of the ability to seek damages and allowing more destruction of the environment.
Allowing the pipeline construction and theft of land by foreign corporations while eliminating all climate change funding and renewable research is about as dumb as it gets.

Urwut - you realize that Trump didn't write the legislation currently under consideration, right?

the rest of your tirade is equally weak and unsupported.

Trump is doing just fine.

@Budwick Urwut - you realize that Trump didn't write the legislation currently under consideration, right? the rest of...

Come on, you're still defending this guy?
He doesn't give you pause at all?
Even his latest bullshit accusations about Obama and the UK and his childish display with Merkel doesn't send up a flag? The word delusional has never crossed your mind in the last few months?

Of course he didn't write it. He has no clue how anything in govt works. He's lucky he can write his name.
He did endorse it though and it isn't anything like he promised.
His budget is a joke even to republicans and he hasn't done shit. He's talked about it a lot but what has he done other than create a shitstorm to hide the corporate fleecing of America and pad his family's bank accounts?
He spent almost as much on vacations in a month as Obama spent in a year and he wants to end funding on renewables, gut social programs and consumer protection and let corporations do whatever they want.
He wants to add billions to a bloated military and security that already outspends the rest of the world combined.
He's killing the future as well as the present.
His approval rating is in the 30's and world confidence in the US has gone from 55% to 22%.

He's a poster boy for the collapse of an empire.

He and his swamp-mates are out to suck up as much wealth as they can before the country either goes down the tubes or their Fascist state stabilizes.

But don't worry. Fukushima will kill us before that happens.

@urwutuis Come on, you're still defending this guy? He doesn't give you pause at all? Even his latest bullshit accusations...

You have claimed that the ACA is inappropriate somehow. Trump didn't write it, it's in fact still under consideration and incomplete. Your attack based on that is unwarranted.

@Budwick You have claimed that the ACA is inappropriate somehow. Trump didn't write it, it's in fact still under...

I already agreed he didn't write it but he endorses it and now he's threatening republicans who might vote against it. We can't afford to give people health care but we can throw $54B at an extremely bloated police state , another $30B on a useless wall that taxpayers will pay for and be stuck paying for maintenance and who knows how much on deportations and travel bans.
then cut taxes for those who need it least, cut capital gains again while he guts every program that helps the people he's supposed to serve.
Since when is it OK for govt to promote business?
He thinks he3's going to bring back coal? Seriously? Even coal miners don't buy that. He wants to build pipelines when solar creates twice as many jobs.
Coal mines and pipelines? That's the future???

He's making insane accusations and even more ridiculous claims of accomplishments when he hasn't done shit. He spends almost as much on vacation in a month as Obama spent in a year at taxpayers expense, he's been on vacation more than any other president, he's got 9 people from Goldman/Sachs running the treasury . . . Do you need a map to see where this is going?
There's no way you can think any of this is good or even OK and you're still going to defend this garbage?
I find that very hard to believe

@urwutuis I already agreed he didn't write it but he endorses it and now he's threatening republicans who might vote against...

I don't know, but I am hoping that there is a plan regarding ACA that hasn't been revealed for political purposes to get government out of health care business completely. I'm not a fan of threatening congress either.

The 'useless' wall stands to provide much needed protection to USA from drugs and illegals. It's been promised for decades, was part of Trump's platform - no surprise.

Since when was it OK to stifle business? Putting oil and coal back into play give the energy industry some stability- Saving them isn't about the future - it's about the present. When you have a solar powered 18 wheeler or a wind powered airliner - let's talk.

The vacation issue? I need to be honest - it's my moniker - it doesn't look good. Especially when he busted Obama's chops about the same thing.

@Budwick I don't know, but I am hoping that there is a plan regarding ACA that hasn't been revealed for political...

It's not very likely they have an ace up their sleeve and even if they did it wouldn't solve anything because it would only address the symptoms and not the disease. (pun intended) The real problem is Capitalism and the less it's regulated the worse it is. This has been known for a long time but those at the top will do anything to see it continue even though it's killing us all. Along with every other living thing on the planet.

@urwutuis It's not very likely they have an ace up their sleeve and even if they did it wouldn't solve anything because it...

We now know that you we're right - no ace up the sleeves.

I think the real problem is weak kneed republicans that have lost their conservative values. The Ryan plan was no better than Obamacare - we would have just bled to death slower.

Your problem with Capitalism is that you have to pay for what you want. You're willing to settle for what ever scraps government might leave for you rather than providing a bounty for yourself.

@Budwick We now know that you we're right - no ace up the sleeves. I think the real problem is weak kneed republicans...

I have no problem working and paying for what I want. Outside the miltary I've never taken a dime from the govt.
My problem with Capitalism is that it doesn't work. Look around. Does it look like it's working to you? It's the most destructive system known to man. It rewards and encourages corruption and exploitation while it stiffles innovation and progress.
Every attempt to fix it has failed including the deregulation and tax cuts over the last 35 years which have allowed the greatest transfer of wealth and created the largest wealth and income gaps in human history. Dwarfing the 1920's
The only way we'll get healthcare under control is to join the rest of the civilized world and go single payer. In most free countries it's illegal to sell health insurance.

@urwutuis I have no problem working and paying for what I want. Outside the miltary I've never taken a dime from the govt. My...

So, you don't like taking from government - except for the most critical, sensitive, personal aspect of your life - healthcare. Cuz, your needs and concerns are exactly the same as 355 million other people.

Your concept of capitalism is 180 degrees wrong. Capitalism built the strongest nation the world has ever known. It rewards and encourages hard work and innovation.

@Budwick So, you don't like taking from government - except for the most critical, sensitive, personal aspect of your life -...

Right, because I don't give anything to the govt.
Well except for 3 months work out of every year so we can bomb the shit out of the rest of the planet in the name of profit to benefit 1% of the population who contribute nothing of real value

It's your concept of Capitalism that is skewed. Building the strongest nation has been done in many ways. The Nazis did it better than anybody with the Soviet Union clopse behind. Is military might the goal of society?

A system that has an economic downturn every 3 to seven years and has had 2 major collapases in 75 years and must expand or die is not a functioning system.

Innovation is only encouraged if it's profitable or Tesla would have given us free energy 80 years ago. Now it's stifling renewables as it has done for decades in favor of coal. We're going backward.
Capitalism is literally killing us all to make a few people rich while we all suffer the consequences.`

Capitalism is a system of exploitation where mindless consumption is the driving force and anything that threatens it is quickly suppressed

@urwutuis Right, because I don't give anything to the govt. Well except for 3 months work out of every year so we can bomb...

For folks that are not willing to work - you're right, Capitalism would not be for you.

For people looking to better themselves and their situation, Capitalism is the only way to go.

@2527554

I don't think we need to resemble any country although if I had to pick one I'd say Denmark. If what we have now is the best we can do we're screwed

Anonymous