Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their opium addiction

The drug-addicted birds sit perched in wait until the morphine-rich area is exposed by workers slitting open the flowers' pods to help them ripen. The parrots then swoop down in silence into the opium fields - having learned not to squawk - and frantically nibble off the stalks below the pod before they are spotted. Video shows them retreating to high branches where they gorge on the plants leaving them sleeping for hours - and even falling to their death. This phenomenon was first reported in 2015, but this year it has spread across to other regions for the first time. Farmers now claim they are getting warnings from the Government's narcotics department - which controls opium farming - over their reduced yields. Sobharam Rathod, an opium farmer from Neemach, India, estimates parrots are stealing around ten per cent of his crop and he has been given a warning.

Parrots high on drugs annoy farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed addictionDrug-addled birds sit perched in wait before swooping down behind workers' backs for a nibble before retreating to high branches - where some then fall to their death passed outhttp://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/parrots-flying-high-drugs-annoying-10073428
Mazes avatar Animals & Nature
4 11

Awww... I love this... A pet parrot with an affliction anyone can relate to...

I would love to have a drug-addicted parrot as my pet. He or she could find some cool parties!! Drugs for parrots! I completely agree. Why don't we have any parrots in Finland, just flying free and doing whatever... Oh, winter. I just remembered. Maybe we should outlaw winter? And make certain adjustments to our laws, when it comes to parrots and opium -related products.

So....high birds
I wonder how these parrots deal with withdrawal after the season is over?

@Carla So....high birds I wonder how these parrots deal with withdrawal after the season is over?

They manage with Iron Maiden.

"Aces High" is a song about a flock of parrots, flying over the town of Majorca (Mallorca), as they try to find LSD. It's a sad song. Very heavy. Metal, even.

@ZonkeyBalls They manage with Iron Maiden. "Aces High" is a song about a flock of parrots, flying over the town of Majorca...

Am not really familiar with that song.
Sooo, i read the lyrics
You have a very different interpretation than i

@2529091

Hoo hoo, jungle party!

This is a whole new spin on the tiki room! No wonder those birds just chill in a tiki bar all day and sing early 1960s style music

Anonymous