+5

This is for informational purposes for our community that are Apple users. If you are an Apple user like me, this is a cause for concern. I would suggest you change your password immediately: http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-Apple-ID-Password

iPhone, Mac owners: How to stymie hackers extorting Apple, threatening to wipe devicesHackers claiming to have hundreds of millions of iCloud credentials have threatened to wipe date from iPhones, iPads and Macs.http://www.cio.com/article/3183267/mac/iphone-mac-owners-how-to-stymie-hackers-extorting-apple-threatening-to-wipe-devices.html
Balous avatar Technology
7 13

It sounds like a scam to me. I got an email the other day supposedly from Yahoo....but was only using the "Y", telling me that I had requested my email account be deleted. If I didn't call a certain number ASAP, my account would be deleted. I debated as to what to do and I just deleted the message. Then the next day I got that same email message, again I just deleted it. And nothing happened. had I called that number I think that would have caused me big computer problems.

But to be on the safe side, you probably should change your passwords.

@StarzAbove It sounds like a scam to me. I got an email the other day supposedly from Yahoo....but was only using the "Y"...

Regardless of how many passwords were obtained, precaution is always prudent. People should also change their passwords on a regular basis and make them strong. None of this "test1234" crap.

Balous avatar Balou Agree +3Reply

The point of me posted this is to make everyone more aware of cyber crime. There are tons of nefarious people out there.

Balous avatar Balou Agree +3Reply

According to Wikileaks, that exploit remains even if you replace your operating system, so I don't think changing your password would help. My suggestion would be to ditch it and get a Blackberry DTEK 60, as it is much more secure.

It's too late! I got hacked already... Save yourselves!

@Sukiesnow It's too late! I got hacked already... Save yourselves!

How do you know if you got hacked? I have an iPhone. And now am worried

@Anonymousmouse How do you know if you got hacked? I have an iPhone. And now am worried

For one, I can't access my iMac at all. And I'm having endless troubles with my iPad...which was hooked up to the iMac at the time the hacking started....

I'm taking my iMac in to see if they can do anything about it; but I think it means me spending some funds on a new computer....

I never thought it would happen to me....

@Sukiesnow For one, I can't access my iMac at all. And I'm having endless troubles with my iPad...which was hooked up to the...

sorry to hear that, that sucks, unfortunately, anything computer, does not matter what OS it has or how "secure" it is, will always be hackable, I can only hope it doesn't happen to me

@Anonymousmouse sorry to hear that, that sucks, unfortunately, anything computer, does not matter what OS it has or how "secure"...

It's been forever and I never had any problems - this is the first time...with Apples you can be pretty secure....

Yeah. I''m pretty blown away.

True enough..

Balous avatar Balou Agree +1Reply
Anonymous