VicZincs avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 15

I have thoughts......

I think that trump knew it would fail

I think that, just maybe
He wishes not to have his name attached to a plan that would tarnish
His goldplated image

Cries of derision from his rallied
Audience

Healthcare is hard
He said it

If he really wanted success, would he not have taken the time to make it so?

His, "oh well" attitude, is not...typical

@2531043

In his own mind, linn.

I think they are now appreciating ObamaCare. lol Trump has not accomplished one single thing since he's been in office, he didn't even know what was in his health care plan....lol Shows how really ignorant the man is. So now he thinks he's going to get something done with his tax plans....another big joke. He is stymied now, people don't trust him at all, and his presidency is toast.

I think it's actually kind of a win for Trump. Here's my reasoning:

Since Trump couldn't get enough votes to repeal it, Obamacare remains in place. But everyone with a clue knows it's destined to collapse fairly soon anyway. When it does collapse, Trump can rightly say he tried to fix it but he couldn't get the votes, no thanks to the Democrats, who universally refused to support the proposed solution. Whatever outrage results from the collapse of Obamacare will land solidly in the Democrats' laps since they not only enacted it, they refused his attempt to fix it. So despite Trump's apparent failure, his hands are clean, he tried.

As Obamacare collapses, there will be considerable pressure from all sides of the electorate for the government to come up with something that actually works, and I expect they will whether any Democrats support it or not. When it passes, as President, Trump will receive a considerable portion of the credit for it, as Obama was credited for the ACA.

Now, Trump's proposed solution wasn't perfect, not everyone would like it, and Obamacare is still sort of functioning, so if a handful of the more conservative Democrats had broken party ranks and agreed to support it so it had enough votes to pass, whatever public dissatisfaction there was over the new plan would land on Trump, since he was the one pushing it, and the Democrats could claim Obamacare wasn't as bad, since it was still working.

So, in terms of political advantage, I think the Democrats actually shot themselves in the dicks by not allowing Trump to repeal and replace the ACA. Because now, Trump gets to have his cake and eat it too: He tried his best to keep his campaign promise, AND he gets to let Obamacare reveal its self to be a colossal failure, AND he gets to ride to the rescue.

@Maze I think it's actually kind of a win for Trump. Here's my reasoning: Since Trump couldn't get enough votes to...

This is a ridiculous argument. Obama care passed without a single Republican vote. The republicans now have a majority in both houses and could easily pass any legislation they want.

the fact this bill failed is squarely and solely because republicans did not vote for it.

It has nothing to do with democrats in any way shape of form. For Trump to claim that democrats defeated this bill is nonsense. All that was needed was for every republican to vote yea.

That did not happen. Why? Because the bill was poorly written and would have made the voters worse off than they are under Obamacare, and even the staunchest republicans could see that.

@VicZinc This is a ridiculous argument. Obama care passed without a single Republican vote. The republicans now have a...

All I'm saying is the Democrats missed a strategic opportunity. Their plan is doomed to fail on it's own, they could have kicked the issue into the GOP's court and let them take the heat instead.

@Maze It's only a first down.

A fumble on first down is still a fumble even if it is still their ball.

obamacare only covers the governments pockets with money

Anonymous