0

Colin Kaepernick is a positive role model, amirite?

Image for post Colin Kaepernick is a positive role model, amirite?
C_ZAR1s avatar Language
5 50
The people are still deciding if C_ZAR1 is right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

His heart might have been in the right place, but I thought his message was ineffective.

Didn't Denver just pick him up? Or was that just a rumor?

@2532555

This is Romo's wife. If I was him, I'd be retiring from football before I was crippled and forced to watch from a wheel chair her raise my 3 kids.

@2532555

I was watching Undisputed on FS1, He's only asking for 9-10 Mil, thats a bargain

Roll Model

@2532823

Just his failure to be signed is signal enough that you dont really have freedom of speech in this country when your opinion doesn't match everyone else's, thats oppression right there, so thank you for what?

@C_ZAR1 Just his failure to be signed is signal enough that you dont really have freedom of speech in this country when...

Yeah, we don't do people who hate us. If you disrespect those who serve, you don't get a warm welcome from those of us who do or did. We put our lives on the line at one time or another and he won't even stand for us? That deserves some kind of monument for him for standing for what his dumb ass believes in? His privileged existence wouldn't exist without those who serve.

@C_ZAR1 Should Native Americans stand for this flag given what our country has done to them?

Modern day Native Americans? Yes. Geezers who were alive 75 years ago when our government treated them like shit? No.

@JerryHendrickson You're talking about the pipeline? It's not on tribal land.

It runs through a valuable source of water though, if it bursts, what do they drink?

@C_ZAR1 It runs through a valuable source of water though, if it bursts, what do they drink?

It won't burst. The pipeline is way more ecologically friendly that bringing all in by way of giant diesel trucks. Inspectors will be all over it.

@C_ZAR1 We don't know that for absolute certainty. Anything Man-made is bound to have flaws

Like I said "The pipeline is way more ecologically friendly." It's all coming in by trucks spewing filthy diesel exhaust.

@C_ZAR1 Ah what the hell, who needs to breathe, right?

You seem to have not understood my point. The pipeline is clean in comparison to trucking it in the way we do now. Agreed?

@C_ZAR1 No, I was being facetious

So, what do you prefer: a clean pipeline or filthy diesel trucks dripping oil into the soil and spewing carbon into the air?

@C_ZAR1 Trucks would make in comparison if that pipeline busts

Not true. All they have to do to shut off the flow is turn one valve and it's monitored. They'd be on it in minutes.

@C_ZAR1 Or so you think

That is the most childish reply ever. "Or so you think" ? Lame. Your ridiculousness stretches beyond the imagination. Logical rebuttal or STFU.

I Am a Native American and if you knew anything about our culture you would know that it was our tradition to take territory from other tribes if we were strong enough and if not die in the attempt. The fact that it happened to us is just the way of things. My grandmother would tell me of her time on the reservation and the day she decided not to be a victim anymore and moved off the reservation and never looked back. She said it was not her land and from that day she never took another dime from the government she would say she was an American not a Native American she hated the idea of identifying by race and so do I.

@altonschwab I Am a Native American and if you knew anything about our culture you would know that it was our tradition to take...

Not buying that, sorry.
You sound the same as a "black" person on a thread who goes "I'm black and I think that if we just pull our pants up, we'll be treated with respect"
Just doesn't sound like something a real black or "native American" person would say

@C_ZAR1 Not buying that, sorry. You sound the same as a "black" person on a thread who goes "I'm black and I think that if...

Wow so you are so self-absorbed that you think that I would care if you believe me. Man that is the whole point the ones that pull their pants up and take on the world instead of complaining that they are not getting a fair deal don't cry about things that happened a hundred years ago they work hard and get ahead they make a difference for themselves and their families.

@JerryHendrickson All YOU know is slavery C_ZAR. Come ON man! You're not making any sense.

Wrong. After slavery, you had Jim Crow, segregation, separate but equal, we'll into the 60s, which isn't that long ago. It's not ancient history

Sports are not to be seen as good in any way - My opinion it is to loud rude and violent to be of any value to children.

That's the lamest thing that I've ever heard, Amirite?

He found the wrong way to communicate his displeasure. The National Anthem is a positive song about freedom. It gives respect to men and women who sacrificed in time of war. War is a serious thing. Anyway, half of the people will continue to disagree with the other half. That's what people do for some strange reason. The National Anthem should give strength to anyone who feels oppressed. When the line "Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave." happens, we should all feel proud. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

@JerryHendrickson He found the wrong way to communicate his displeasure. The National Anthem is a positive song about freedom. It...

There is no "right" way, when we marched peacefully, civil rights protesters were still cracked up side their heads. Whatever Kaepernick did, trust me, they're going to find fault with it

All I know is that it sure screwed his career up

@altonschwab All I know is that it sure screwed his career up

Just like Ali's-- you can't speak up in this country if you're a black athlete without being punished for it

@C_ZAR1 Just like Ali's-- you can't speak up in this country if you're a black athlete without being punished for it

Skin hue aside,that's particularly true if the message is Conservative,dissent will not be tolerated. Personally I hope the nfl folds,ball playing with referees at the sidelines, and multi million dollar contracts does not a role model nor a hero make.