Scripture is not evidence for anything. Nothing is true just because a book says it is.

If you're just here to say you don't want to contest this, just go to some other opinion on amirite. No one is forcing you to come here. No Whining zone. NO PC zone. NO RC Zone (religiously correct)

Image for post Scripture is not evidence for anything. Nothing is true just because a book says it is.
20% The bible is true because the bible says its true and we know that's true because it says so 0% SOLID EVIDENCE 30% No.... 50% Other
TomboyJanets avatar Religion
6 19

Nothing is true

@2532874

I'm not trying to shame anyone. I just wanted a straight answer. Why is the bible true? No one in my LIFE has ever answered that question. Give me a good solid answer and I'll Consider becoming a christian again.

@2532889

while I appreciate your poetry, It really isn't an answer. I mean I can have faith in elves doesn't that make my view just as valid? Yet I wouldn't go around telling everyone to follow the rules elves have for humanity or they're going to burn.

@2532873

If I wrote a book that said Everyone should bow down to the tree goddess muka muka what would make you doubt that? What makes you Doubt the Quoran? That's the same thing that makes me doubt the bible

@2532885

Can you provide some examples of these things that were predicted?

nme smilieno smilie

Cezars avatar Cezar Other +1Reply
@Cezar

Very enlightening Cezar as usual XD

Wow, is it time for Janet's monthly anti-religion rant again?

Creation is the evidence for everything; including God and therefore the Bible.

While I don't agree with this option...I think it would be the option for a person of faith that believes the Bible to be true. Belief in the Bible comes from faith alone. If you have faith you don't require any evidence.

KvotheSaviens avatar KvotheSavien The bible is true because the bible says its... 0Reply