+7

SODAHEAD LOST but FRIENDS NOT FORGOTTEN This has been on my mind for the last two years now since Sodahead indiscriminately and without prior notice banned us from our internet home called Sodahead Many of us were shocked and dumbfounded to find out that we could no longer log into our Sodahead profiles and were also unable to contact our friends since our access to Sodahead had been abruptly and without prior notification terminated! This also kept us from retrieving any of our Sodahead mail or any of our content which for many of us was extensive. Many of us practically lived on Sodahead and it was a daily part of our lives. So for us to be stripped of our home on the web was akin to becoming homeless as many of us had no other social websites to go to. And even if we did have other websites, Sodahead for many of us was home base and a place where we had made many close friends with whom we had shared many common interests and experiences in life. Now, nearly two years later since our departure from Sodahead in June of 2015, many of us are still searching for our lost friends. It's though an avalanche had occurred and buried our friends alive never to be seen or heard from again. I suppose many of us went through a period of disbelief, then anger, and finally grief and resignation. For each of us we would experience these feelings, some to a greater extent and others to a lesser extent, but nonetheless it was still traumatic. So now we come to the point and the reason why I posted this. Many of us have been searching in vain for our lost Sodahead friends and it is disheartening to say the least. I know everyone here at Amirite who were former Sodahead friends are trying to start over and make the best of it but it's still not the same, and I know because some of you have made comments to me today in this regard. But please take heart <3 I do believe that we still have the opportunity to find our old friends and rekindle our lost Sodahead friensdships once thought lost forever. This will take dedication and team work to make it happen because we need to work as a united team so we will have a much greater chance of locating our old friends. Please make your comments and suggestions here. God Bless, Red White and Blue

We CONTINUE the SEARCH for our LOST Sodahead FRIENDS ~ NEVER FORGOTTEN ~

Image for post SODAHEAD LOST but FRIENDS NOT FORGOTTEN  This has been on my mind for the last two years now since Sodahead indiscriminately and without prior notice banned us from our internet home called Sodahead  Many of us were shocked and dumbfounded to find out that we could no longer log into our Sodahead profiles and were also unable to contact our friends since our access to Sodahead had been abruptly and without prior notification terminated!  This also kept us from retrieving any of our Sodahead mail or any of our content which for many of us was extensive.  Many of us practically lived on Sodahead and it was a daily part of our lives.  So for us to be stripped of our home on the web was akin to becoming homeless as many of us had no other social websites to go to.  And even if we did have other websites, Sodahead for many of us was home base and a place where we had made many close friends with whom we had shared many common interests and experiences in life.  Now, nearly two years later since our departure from Sodahead in June of 2015, many of us are still searching for our lost friends.  It's though an avalanche had occurred and buried our friends alive never to be seen or heard from again.  I suppose many of us went through a period of disbelief, then anger, and finally grief and resignation.  For each of us we would experience these feelings, some to a greater extent and others to a lesser extent, but nonetheless it was still traumatic.  So now we come to the point and the reason why I posted this.  Many of us have been searching in vain for our lost Sodahead friends and it is disheartening to say the least.  I know everyone here at Amirite who were former Sodahead friends are trying to start over and make the best of it but it's still not the same, and I know because some of you have made comments to me today in this regard.  But please take heart  <3 I do believe that we still have the opportunity to find our old friends and rekindle our lost Sodahead friensdships once thought lost forever.  This will take dedication and team work to make it happen because we need to work as a united team so we will have a much greater chance of locating our old friends.  Please make your comments and suggestions here.  God Bless, Red White and Blue
Sakimas avatar Life
4 55

I think we are all feeling the same about SH tossing us out with no notice. I, like others, lost a lot of really good friends, I just hope they can be found some day.

I don't recognize that avatar, and I thought I knew most everyone on that site. I did know Recon, but you're not him? Can you give us a clue as to who you were, just a few of your many screen names would help.

@StarzAbove I think we are all feeling the same about SH tossing us out with no notice. I, like others, lost a lot of really...

Red, you should remember me. I am Recon Marines friends. Also Marine Red, or Moses. Just a few

@Sakima Red, you should remember me. I am Recon Marines friends. Also Marine Red, or Moses. Just a few

Were you Red from Texas or FL and your wife was also on SH?

I was a friend of Recon's too. Although we were on opposite sides of the political aisle, we always got along.

@Sakima Yes, I know he did :)

So basically, you could be anybody, even management.

@dru18 So basically, you could be anybody, even management.

Who knows. Strange things happen on the internet you know.

@Sakima Who knows. Strange things happen on the internet you know.

That particular trick is losing it's strangeness. Nice to meet you, 'Recon's friend', or whoever you might be.

@dru18 That particular trick is losing it's strangeness. Nice to meet you, 'Recon's friend', or whoever you might be.

I gave you several of my SH handles. I've been off and on SH for 9 years and many of the old timers left early. When I came back in 2014 I didn't recognize that many people. A lot has changed since the 2009 - 2010 purges.

@dru18 Can you tell me who you use to hang around with? You sure didn't seem to know Mike56.

I was in the opposing camp and never ventured into the rabbit hole so what can I say?

I'm going to take a wild guess and guess that you signed up for Sodahead either in 2012 or shortly thereafter. But I'm just guessing.

@2534440

I do recognize your name which you also used on SH. I was on Team Net Works for a few months. I think you were there also. That's Safari's website.

It was awful. I've tracked down many of my friends, but still searching for some (like Wildcat).

@StarzAbove I'm still looking for Cricket, and Danielle/CandyApple.

@StarzAbove Cricket & Danielle were on my old sodahead friends list to. I really hope to reconnect with them.

Danielle and Candy Apple were the same person I believe. I think Danielle changed over to CA when she got booted. What about Margaret? Margaret and CA were friends I believe.

@Sakima OK, that explains it.

Do you remember GuitarPlayer?

@StarzAbove Do you remember GuitarPlayer?

Yes, vaguely but I do remember him.

@StarzAbove Who was Recon's #1 friend?

Yes, I would say he was my closest active friend. I had several other close friends on SH but most were not very active anymore.

@Sakima Yes, I would say he was my closest active friend. I had several other close friends on SH but most were not very...

I was wondering if you knew who Recon's #1 friend on his friend's list. It was a blonde woman but I can't remember her name.

Nice avatar.

@JanHaskell It was awful. I've tracked down many of my friends, but still searching for some (like Wildcat).

I was wondering Jan if we couldn't put some kind of a Sodahead composite portfolio together of former Sodahead friends then each of us solicit the portfolio to various sites kind of like a Most Wanted Poster but more in depth of course and see if this wouldn't attract more attention. It's also possible to put together a specialized website to do the same thing. What we are doing by individually looking for our own friends in the process we are missing the opportunity of finding others friends who we may not recognize as Sodahead Members just because they weren't our own friends.

I miss all my friends from SH. Mike56, where are you??

@dru18 I miss all my friends from SH. Mike56, where are you??

Your kitty looks like she's looking for her master!

@Sakima Your kitty looks like she's looking for her master!

Wow, were you always this astute on SH? Since I mentioned Mike56, I think she would be looking for him.

@Sakima What can I say? I had to be informed. I trained Marie.

" I had to be informed. I trained Marie."

I have no idea of what you just wrote.

@dru18 " I had to be informed. I trained Marie." I have no idea of what you just wrote.

It doesn't really matter now. Just take it as an inside joke from the Way Back Machine.

@Sakima It doesn't really matter now. Just take it as an inside joke from the Way Back Machine.

It would have worked, if the person you had addressed, had actually been in on the joke.

@dru18 It would have worked, if the person you had addressed, had actually been in on the joke.

I can't help[ you there. I don't believe that you were a member back in 2008 but I could be mistaken. It would take pages to try and explain all that's happen in the interim.

@Sakima I can't help[ you there. I don't believe that you were a member back in 2008 but I could be mistaken. It would take...

No, I was not a member. But the point is, is that you are being awfully mysterious. Why, I don't know. You didn't even seem to know Mike56.

@dru18 No, I was not a member. But the point is, is that you are being awfully mysterious. Why, I don't know. You didn't...

There are lots of people I don't know. I recognize lots of their avatars but never ventured onto their profile pages that much. And the same for you. There are probably lots of Sodahead members who you would not recognize.

It was tragic. Thank you.

@Sukiesnow It was tragic. Thank you.

Yes, quite. I had been deactivated a number of times before so I guess I was a little use to losing all of my friends but it still was difficult.

Here's my original 2008 avatar

@Sukiesnow It was tragic. Thank you.

Hi Sukiesnow!
I'm Cyntrayl J. We were both sodahead friends for a very long time. I haven't heard from u in a very long time. I'm so glad I found u! How r u? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hello, Sakima, and welcome or welcome back.

Yes, I remember Recon Marine. Although I am not a member of the oldest groups, I also lost many friends, found quite a few and discovered new ones.

smile smilie

I miss my old sodahead buddies & haven't talked to any of them for a very long time.

If any of u were an old sodahead friend of mine please contact me. U can also find me on Facebook under the name Cyndie James. I've joined Facebook to see if I could find any of my old sodahead friends.

@CyntraylJ If any of u were an old sodahead friend of mine please contact me. U can also find me on Facebook under the name...

I've been told there are lot of Sodaheads on Facebook. Sister Jean, Sissy, Lulu'sMom, Peapod, SA, just a few that I've heard about.....I'm not there, though.

@StarzAbove I've been told there are lot of Sodaheads on Facebook. Sister Jean, Sissy, Lulu'sMom, Peapod, SA, just a few that...

@StarzAbove yeah, that was why I joined facebook to find my old sodaheads. Sister Jean was a sodahead friend for many years. She was even in my true crime group that I had on sodahead. I worked really hard of that group to.

@CyntraylJ @StarzAbove yeah, that was why I joined facebook to find my old sodaheads. Sister Jean was a sodahead friend for...

Sister was on this site for a few days, but she found it to be too complicated so she hasn't returned. I'm sure if she had stayed she would have enjoyed us.

This site is a bit complicated but I like it. Now what I liked about the old sodahead was that u could make your profile page the way u wanted to. U could start your on groups & join other cool groups. And best of all it was fun & there were really cool people there. There was no other social network site like it, not even facebook.

Please ย  login ย  or signup ย  to leave a comment.