Have you or do you know of anyone that has taken steroids to enhance their bodies. It's my understanding that it can cause mood swings, maybe that's what has happened to some Amirites, nice one day, and meaner than a snake the next day. What are your thoughts?

Image for post Have you or do you know of anyone that has taken steroids to enhance their bodies.  It's my understanding that it can cause mood swings, maybe that's what has happened to some Amirites, nice one day, and meaner than a snake the next day.   What are your thoughts?
StarzAboves avatar Jokes & Humour
11 34

I was given a 6 day packet for a health issue. And at that time I talked to the doctor and he said that no one should take more than that. They are not to be played with.

@StarzAbove I was given a 6 day packet for a health issue. And at that time I talked to the doctor and he said that no one...

My doctor once gave me two to take for a very bad allergy attack that I had. She said they were a synthetic steroid as opposed to the animal type of ones that some atheletes take. But I definitely noticed side effects from it such as euphoria and increased energy, and lack of sleep.

@OzSurfer My doctor once gave me two to take for a very bad allergy attack that I had. She said they were a synthetic...

Did you want to keep taking more? lol

I was given them for health issue, but I didn't notice any difference in my energy level.

@StarzAbove Did you want to keep taking more? lol I was given them for health issue, but I didn't notice any difference in...

Haha no, she explained in detail why only four were safe and more had many more issues including dependency. She suggested just two would relieve my severe allergic reaction for at least two weeks, maybe a month. She was right.

It's possible that the boost in energy wasn't due to the drug but due to the allergy subsiding which was causing me to feel lethargic.

I'm always happy to take the least amount of medication as possible :)

@OzSurfer Haha no, she explained in detail why only four were safe and more had many more issues including dependency. She...

Glad they helped. I don't like taking meds either, especially pain pills, they make me feel like a zombie.

@StarzAbove Glad they helped. I don't like taking meds either, especially pain pills, they make me feel like a zombie.

I've only taken strong pain pills just on one occasion.... they contained codeine and I discovered I was allergic to codeine and was a mess for about a week.

The only med I've ever felt good with and found worked was a mild sleeping tablet called Temazpam. That works like a dream for me and has no adverse side effects providing I only take it on rare occasions.

@OzSurfer I've only taken strong pain pills just on one occasion.... they contained codeine and I discovered I was allergic...

Some of those meds can really knock one for a loop. I can't take codeine either. They gave it to me after a back surgery, and I had the worse headache in my life, was sick, so they have it on all my health records....no codeine. lol

I do know someone and he's been fighting a tough road to get off of them. He's lucky he still has his family.

@KvotheSavien I do know someone and he's been fighting a tough road to get off of them. He's lucky he still has his family.

I guess when they start they want a strong body so much they think addiction can't happen to them.

Yes... I do know someone...the side effects aren't great... There's something like a lot of pimples on the back...like I mean red stoplight type pimples...so they get a body they want but they can't reveal it due to the acne...

Another 2 edged sword, brought to you by medication.

No, i dont know anyone
Likely...that is a good thing
I tend to lecture

@2535072

Glad you didn't.

@2534995

I guess some want a muscular body more than brains.

I've known some people who took steroids when they were younger. When they got older, they had to pay the price. If a person wants a better body, the only way to safely get one, is to work for it. There is no magic pill.

There was a guy I knew for a while down at the gym, he was taking them against his coaches advice. He got really muscular very quickly but he had mood swings even at the gym. He'd snap at people and eventually the manager banned him as he was trying to sell them. I read later in the local paper that his partner took out an AVO against him for abuse.

I wonder if the steriods cause that or if you need to have a certain type of personality to begin with then the steroids just exacerbate it?

@2535537

I'm sure you know. If not, google it.

@2544951

Hi MarkyMark, welcome back. No this post is not about you. It was suggested I do a steroid post by one of our guy friends. And because they put my husband on a 6-day steroid pack.

Not for one minute do I believe you take steroids, it never entered my mind. You exercise and take good care of yourself, you don't need any enhancements. I'm sorry you thought this was about you.

@2545029

I know you are very motivated to eat well and exercise, More of us should follow your example.

How's the new job? Everything you expected?

@2545038

It takes a lot of determination to go to the gym, something I don't have lately. Bad me.

Glad you like your new position, it always helps to be busy as well, makes the time go faster. Sounds like you have job security as well.

@2545047

You're very lucky, think how miserable it would be if you hated your boss. Yikes.

@2545206

Some don't have that option, and I'm sure they are very miserable.

@2545280

I had a good job that I actually hated. I counted the hours every day, I was miserable. I lasted three years and finally quit.

So I know exactly what you're saying.