+5

According to others...do you participate fairly in an argument on Amirite?

Is there an effort on both parties to come toward some sort of resolution? Or do you run away and prefer not to deal with it... I mean...that's kind of WHY we are on here...to practise discussing and arguing... Some people seem afraid of it...especially some really nice people seem to avoid it. Why IS that? Please. JUMP into the DEEP end of the pool. Feet first.

Image for post **According to others...do you participate fairly in an argument on Amirite?**
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 41

I don't mind a good debate but I will not argue. I honestly don't like confrontation. Also shocking as this may be but I have issues with anger that I do a good job controlling. Sometimes however I do lose control and I can't stop the things coming out of my mouth and the is zero guilt while doing it. Afterwards, yes I feel like a complete ass however during it, it doesn't bother me at all.

I honestly just come here for fun and not to debate.

@Sukiesnow Why do you feel like a complete ass after?

Because if I lose my temper I have a bad habit of saying mean and hurtful things

@Lil_Princess Because if I lose my temper I have a bad habit of saying mean and hurtful things

All you need to do after that is...repeat: I love you, Forgive Me, I'm sorry, Thank you. Every time you feel this repeat the above...after a while the awful feeling will go away.

@2535795

I somehow have gathered that... Just askin' don't run away: how can you be in ''forever" relationships like that? Eventually ALL relationships come to a head and in RL you can't block people.... Ha.

Yeah. One is boring; the other is fun. Mostly discussing with different viewpoints...

@2535798

Oh. I added to my comment. :)

True. For me...talking - even bitterly - is about getting to know someone....

@2535802

Your posts are so strong and definite: there seems to be a dichotomy within you where you then choose not to argue with the same strength....

It may give people the wrong impression of you...

@2535819

I see... Not even sharing with someone? Perhaps eventually having a chuckle about your argument? It happens...you know...

Especially with Gronk...ha...

@2535819

I felt that way when I started...on SodaHead...that was a bit scary....

But after a couple of years...It might be possible that I've grown and progressed.

For me, now it's more about participating in people's comments...when the spirit moves...of course....

I've removed people from my life, too... but I generally give them several chances.

What, what....people argue on this site, say it isn't so...lol

@StarzAbove What, what....people argue on this site, say it isn't so...lol

Ha... That is one of the things we do on here. Life is not all about sharing cooking recipes.

Which reminds me: I'm gonna ask Jerry if he can do a food post...

I don't know what others think, but you are one. I've been trying to avoid posts that upset me. Half of the people always seem to believe the opposite of the other half and to try and resolve it is an extremely upsetting exercise in futility.

@JerryHendrickson I don't know what others think, but you are one. I've been trying to avoid posts that upset me. Half of the...

Ever thought that you might either be going about it in the wrong way, or, there might be a different attitude about it.

I understand you'll might be on a different path...

Maybe when you see posts that upset you: which to me is a good indication you should comment... Maybe you might take a couple of hours before you respond...

Sometimes taking time takes that edge off of that sword...know what I mean?

Either that or write your comment down and edit it later...you have no idea how much I edit....

I can take your "intense" replies but some cannot...

I'll state my opinion, and I'll chat with someone, but I refuse to argue. I have better things to do with my time than argue. Arguing rarely changes the other person's mind, so why waste my time?

@beachbum I'll state my opinion, and I'll chat with someone, but I refuse to argue. I have better things to do with my time...

It's not about changing other's POV...it's more about hearing them. You're not the only person in the world.

@Sukiesnow It's not about changing other's POV...it's more about hearing them. You're not the only person in the world.

It's been my experience that when people are arguing, they are not listening/hearing the other person. Discussing is not the same as arguing. Discussion has two sides, arguing does not.

I can't speak 'according to others,' you'd have to ask them.

I can speak for myself. I've had lengthy debates / arguments with several users. I tried my level best to understand their pov, suspend my own opinions to impartially analyze any information they provided from a point of objectivity and relate my own without demeaning them. I've told them when I thought their representation of my viewpoint was unfair, hyperbolic, or an attempt to put words in my mouth and will continue to. But I've tried to be considerate and listen more when they've told me the same.

That's more than most people I know irl will grant as it relates to politics. I try my best to stick to the facts / acts without reassigning thoughts, feelings or intentions to people. Whether or not they'd agree, you'd have to ask them.

@Sukiesnow You were quieter...

Hmm, well, I don't post as often, that's for sure. I don't rattle cages as much anymore either. Course, there aren't as many posters here who need their cages rattled. lol

There were so many people on sodahead, it took a long time for me to thoroughly condition them to my lexicon. Lack of effective communication led to numerous disputes for me.

Granted,I am not the same person since sh, that's for sure. Quieter isn't a description I'd have thought to use, but I suppose you're right.

@2535880

So...you've had your fill of that from SodaHead?

@2535909

Winning is not a measure. It is participating that is the key...

People on here lack in participation...

@2536083

Did you stumble upon this site on your way to Facebook?

@2535935

At least attempt to participate and see where it goes... Ya nevah know.

I am fair and impartial. y smilie

smirk smilie

Cezars avatar Cezar Agree +1Reply

Some say that I do, some say that I don't. I think I do.

Anonymous