+12

There is a difference between being a prude and being modest. What is it?

What is a "prude" anyway... It sounds like the word "prune" but with a "de".... But is being modest much different? What is the difference? And why am I thinking just women? Couldn't it have to do with men, as well?

Image for post **There is a difference between being a prude and being modest.** //What is it?//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
9 19

A prude wants to inflict rules on other people. Modesty is just keeping something to yourself except by appointment.

A prude is someone who is very close minded. I'm way to open minded to be labelled a prude.

I think a prude is a person who is not comfortable with s e x u a l l i t y, privately or publicly. A modest person prefers to keep that aspect of their life private or reserved.

I think maybe "prudes" judge more

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +5Reply

Arrogance

Prudes are sticks in the mud

Being prude is being unwilling to do. Being modest is willing to do, just selective of showing

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Agree +2Reply

A prude is a person with a repressive attitude towards human nature, usually in (dis)respect to sex and related themes. A modest person keeps that attitude to themselves. Though I see both "prude" and "pervert" as fail labels, the naturalist in me says that "prude" is the more valid of the two. I often notice "prude" applied to women who question "stereotypical" male behaviour, whether or not it is hardwired.

Being modest,shows you have dignity.

A prude is someone who is mortified and will not discuss anything related to sex and someone modest is one who has a enough class and respect to know when to talk about it.

Sorry but that is just how I see it.

🦋

@2537825

It ain't ever gonna go away either

@Lil_Princess A prude is someone who is mortified and will not discuss anything related to sex and someone modest is one who has...

Read my mind. Unfortunately, I'm a prude. Well, except I'm actually disgusted, not mortified.

Anonymous