+12

You don't need to change yourself for anyone (trust me I've done it before). Just be yourself because everyone else is taken.

AlyssaMathewss avatar Law
6 11

Be youreself whereever you are. Trust me it works every time.

You should only change yourself for yourself. For example, if you want to be more attractive to someone, you might choose to become physically fit. Still though, you should become physically fit for yourself - you'll feel better about yourself and likely become more attractive to many other people.

I started to a while back because I was really ashamed of who I was. I started trying to be someone else. Then a good friend snapped at me, okay he really really yelled at me over this and I needed it to be honest. He said being myself is what people love and why be ashamed of that.

🦋

@Lil_Princess I started to a while back because I was really ashamed of who I was. I started trying to be someone else. Then a...

You have a very good friend there. It takes a lot of courage to be true to yourself and embrace it all - even the things we don't like so much about ourselves.

I think you're pretty cool! 😊

LiVis avatar LiVi Agree +1Reply

Changing for someone else rarely ends well for the person. Doing it for yourself is best - you're the only person that you can be absolutely sure will never betray you.

Changing yourself for others' approval will always result in disappointment because other people cannot make you happy or feel fulfilled. I think it really takes a lifetime to realise this completely.

When people say "Be yourself," what they mean is "Be perfect and act like it comes naturally."