+1

Women want equal rights. Or inequal rights...as long as it works out in their favour.... Amirite?

Image for post **Women want equal rights. Or inequal rights...as long as it works out in their favour....** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 31

I love a gentleman
I love a gentlewoman
I reckon i am a humanist

@Carla I love a gentleman I love a gentlewoman I reckon i am a humanist

Why do I think you are trying to get out of the discussion?

And not just the: yes I think everyone should have the same salary at the same job. Which doesn't happen anyway?

And an example of where women are equal with men...and where they are not... And an area where they still need to grow more...

And other areas like my example above.

Please. If you have the time.:)

Some, sure. Me, no.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +4Reply
@Sofia Some, sure. Me, no.

Sure...I know you are amazing...but can you think of an example so I know what you mean?

@Sukiesnow Sure...I know you are amazing...but can you think of an example so I know what you mean?

Yes, I'm amazing, and your sarcasm is duly noted. Now I have a question: do you have a problem with me? Because for the last few days, that's the "vibe" you're giving.

I didn't gave examples, because, first, you didn't ask for it on the question or on the explanation, and second, I'm not sure what examples can be given. You spoke of unequal rights, which in itself is not about equality at all. It's about putting one gender above the other. I am for equality, and that is what I support. Which is why I disagreed.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +2Reply
@Sofia Yes, I'm amazing, and your sarcasm is duly noted. Now I have a question: do you have a problem with me? Because for...

No. I don't have a problem with you. I do think you're amazing. I wasn't being sarcastic and am surprised of what your saying.

Thanks for your opinion.

I asked for examples since...it's not something I always remember to ask for in my post...but it's always more interesting to see more than just a YEA or NAY in anyone's Comment.

@Sofia I'm not sure which examples I can give.

Even tho it's not equal...I still like "ladies first" lol...

@Sukiesnow Even tho it's not equal...I still like "ladies first" lol...

Loool... it makes no difference to me but I can see your point.

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +2Reply

Alright.
I think sexual harrassment is an issue.
Women in certain employment situations have to deal with it daily.

Also, in the employment arena, if a woman is strong, she is labeled a bitch
If she isnt, then a pushovee.

An older woman has to look as young as possible to be recognized.
Men are considered wise and distinguished.

Go into a furniture store, you came at the same time as a male. The saleperson sees you both at the same time. It is the man he/she goes to first.
(Ive experienced this.that is why i used a furniture store as an example)

If a woman is in a male dominated industry, she constantly has to prove herself as competent, and work twice as hard .She has to do that to be taken seriously.(again, experience).

Waitresses give men better service because there is a myth that men tip better.

Woman are more apt to be taken advantage of when getting repairs to homes, autos, anything where the perception is that women do not know better.

Hmmmm. Give me time, i may have more to say. Battery needs charged

@Carla Alright. I think sexual harrassment is an issue. Women in certain employment situations have to deal with it...

Well said Carla. clap smilie

At my last job, I had to deal with sexual harassment a lot. In fact I was attacked by an obsessed coworker and it took a few managers and the officers to escort him out.

I am labeled a pushover at work. My boss says I need to toughen up and pretty much be an asshole like him. (This ain't happening)

At the furniture store it depending on who the sales person was. If it was a man, I got to go first, if it was a woman, I was going to be waiting.

I have to prove myself all the time. This was a big argument my boss and I had on Monday. I have to coworker one male and one female that don't do a damn thing but I am constantly in trouble because he says he expects more out of me. My female coworker gets away with murder and is basically paid to show up while I am killing myself. I finally had enough and I asked "So what desk do I have to get under to get what she gets, to just show up and act stupid and incompetent and it be acceptable". I was pretty fired up.

When I waited tables back in the day, I treated everyone the same but you are right men did tip more. I would get anywhere for $10-$50 per table in just tips.

Yes I have had many repair people consider me stupid till I start asking questions about what it could be and they are looking at me like "How the hell does she know that". Daddy didn't raise a complete fool hehe smilie

Okay. Kill me now.

Sure I like equal rights. But when I'm with a man I like him to hold the car door open for me.

@2539839

It might seem that way but they really want to be treated with consideration...and gentleness... I like to be helped on with my coat.

Feminists want total control. n smilie

@Cezar Feminists want total control.

Cezar...whenever any one sez something extreme...you know it's just a stab in the dark.

Come up with another example, please.

Sooooo give me some EXAMPLES....ladies...PLEASE... STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU ARE DISAGREEING WITH....

I am sure there are some that do and some that don't like with everything else in life. I personally don't ever have anything go in my favor and if it did I would probably faint. I am happy and content living my little ole life like I am.

🦋

Everyone likes things working out in their favor, silly

The most destructive misconception about civil rights is that only the oppressed can fight oppressors.

Men can be feminists (and should be), white people can support people of color (and should), religious and nonreligious people can support each other (and should), straight people can support the LGBTQ community (and should) and so on