+10

Sex Symbol Marilyn Monroe was a size 12. That is a normal woman's size. So, how come women today aspire to be a size 0?

Image for post **Sex Symbol Marilyn Monroe was a size 12.** //That is a normal woman's size. So, how come women today aspire to be a size 0?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
8 11

Sizing was different then.

But a voluptuous woman is my preference.

Twiggy was the beginning of skinny, boy shaped body preference.

Look at the autos.
In the earlier to mid part of the 20th century, cars were curvy, with rounded edges...sexy

By mid sixties, the lines became sharper, more streamlined.
Not so sexy
Imho

@2541164

Not in my life.
Hip bones hurt

I'm not sure, but I wonder if it might of started with the clothing design companies who are always wanting taller and taller and skinnier and skinner.

Because thet'Re all about unique designs and the different body type allows you to get more unique lines and style (and it's cheaper and easier to make something smaller).

That a random and pure guess... but people do see fashion and entertainment and try to copy it... I believe that copying is where the tread has come from but copying what is the question.

Marilyn Monroe doesn't live now. Beauty standards change

I feel like this point of view belongs to the 00s not the 10s

I am not sure. I was first going with size zero but I gave up on that. I haven't seen that size in 18 years. My goal now is to get to an 8

🦋

because of magazines, best we teach our kids to eat healthy lead a healthy lifestyle including working out, and not worry about Photoshop people in the media

Wait a minute, Sukie!

Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 in the 60s. That would be a 6 today, because of the size deflation since then. biggrin smilie

"We went from size 16 being a model in the '40s to 12 in the '60s. Marilyn Monroe was a 12 in the '60s, which would now be a size 6."

http://time.com/3532014/women-c...sizes-history/

@Sukiesnow You sure about that? She was very robust...

Well, according to this link, she was about 5' 6", 120 lbs, with 36-24-34 measurements, requiring a size 12 (at that time), altered to take in the waist and hips.

http://themarilynmonroecollecti...roe-true-size/