-30

It can feel a bit self-centered to vote-up and love your own comment...even when it was done accidentally.

Image for post It can feel a bit self-centered to vote-up and love your own comment...even when it was done accidentally.
KvotheSaviens avatar
10 53

Dont do it....sometimes by accident, the immediatly, undo it.

I don't think it is ever appropriate

@2541534

Faving a post brings it to your profile page. The three most recent favs are displayed there.

@Sofia Only opinions, though. It doesn't work with Questions or Famous Thoughts.

True. Only opinions count here. The rest was added fluff to make folks from other sites more comfortable.

@2541534

I favorite my posts as well simply because i spend most of my time under the "Favorites" section of my profile and it keeps everything there together or me. But I do scoff at myself (that's #35 today) when I see a red heart lit up on my own comment, haha.

@2541542

For this post only I've decided to go ahead and love my own comments intentionally.

I see nothing wrong with favoring or loving your own comments. I do mine quite often, mostly out of habit.

@2541643

Part of me almost feels flattered that this post is even worth 32 disagrees. I feel like such a non mainstream renegade right now.

@2541645

Annnnd you ruined my moment.

I don't do it and don't think I ever have, even unintentionally. It doesn't bother me that so many other people do it but it does make me wonder why.
Is a post more about getting "points" or saying what's on your mind?

@JustJimColo I don't do it and don't think I ever have, even unintentionally. It doesn't bother me that so many other people do...

Well it's 100% about the content and not the score...yet I feel discourteous if I don't upvote and love. Like it's a way of saying thank you.

@KvotheSavien Well it's 100% about the content and not the score...yet I feel discourteous if I don't upvote and love. Like it's...

I click on the like and love buttons for others, just never for myself.
It would be like leaving myself a tip after frying myself a hamburger. (And then showing everyone my tip)

@Sukiesnow Some people really like points.:)

<s> I've noticed.

I don't even know how many points I have.

@JustJimColo <s> I've noticed. I don't even know how many points I have.

Go on your profile page and check your points...I don't really know which ones are important to look for.... Then go on mine.

I've done this very same post. I don't get it.

Honestly, I don't care. Go ahead.

I favourite my posts and others. UpVoting and UpLoving your own posts doesn't do anything...so why bother. I'd rather UpVote and UpLove other people's post. And that's another thing:

UpVoting and UpLoving other's comments helps them...

@Sukiesnow I favourite my posts and others. UpVoting and UpLoving your own posts doesn't do anything...so why bother. I'd...

Not true. Faving your own post moves it to your profile page. Unfaving it moves it off

@Sukiesnow You don't fave your own posts?

Only those I want on my profile page.

I rotate them every so often.

Otherwise you can't choose which ones are shown there. It is a feature of this site that you fav only three of your posts for display.

But how are you going to claw your way up the Hall of Fame board if you're helping everyone else out? Are we not all here for prestige?

I never did that. If on accident I'd have forgotten about it.

@Masha I never did that. If on accident I'd have forgotten about it.

I know some that wouldn't have let you forget lol.

It's not like its affecting the real world so I'm not too fussed about it.

@TheCensoredBrit It's not like its affecting the real world so I'm not too fussed about it.

Someone told me yesterday that the site has seen near wars because people favorite their own posts, lol.

@KvotheSavien Someone told me yesterday that the site has seen near wars because people favorite their own posts, lol.

Yeah... that bordered on the ridiculous. If you got a dollar a like or something like that I could understand it a bit better...

I personally never upvote or love my comments, if it happens it is purely accidental. As soon as I notice, I make a made dash to undo it. I am more prone to do it while on my phone than on my laptop.

I don't even favorite my own post. The only one of my posts that I clicked the little heart on was one I didn't even do. My oldest daughter did it as soon as the doctor said I was out of surgery back in February.