Trump Orders Bombing of Syrian Base April 6, 2017 - Exactly 100 years to the day from the date Congress voted to enter World War 1. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Congress voted to declare war on Germany on April 6, 1917. I'm not saying that Trump is necessarily aware of the historical echo he just participated in, but it freaks me the fuck out. WW1 was a tragedy of unimaginable proportions. Do you suppose the parallels end here, or is this just the beginning? I am profoundly unhappy with his decision. Naturally, the usual suspects are patting him on the back, even our leader Justin Trudeau, but this is not good, NOT GOOD. Am I just being paranoid? What are your thoughts?

American entry into World War I - Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_entry_into_World_War_IImage for post Trump Orders Bombing of Syrian Base April 6, 2017 - Exactly 100 years to the day from the date Congress voted to enter World War 1. Coincidence or conspiracy?
86% Coincidence 14% Conspiracy 0% Other
Mazes avatar Politics
2 36
@2541669

Only an idiot would believe that Assad gassed his own people. He had nothing to gain from it and everything to lose. He's on the edge of victory. Do you think he'd do the ONE THING that HE KNOWS will bring international condemnation? Do you think he wants to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? His opposition had everything to gain from launching a false flag attack and nothing to lose because they're on their last legs.

If anything, Trump's response will encourage more false flag attacks.

@2541683

[2013] Syrian Activist: Satellite imagery proves Syrian chemical weapons attack staged by rebels

@2541715

Totally unsupported claims by unnamed sources reported from another country. Not the most credible story.

@2541967

More like questionable.

@2541981

The post is 100% provably factual. The US Congress declared war on Germany on April 6, 1917, Trump ordered the Syrian base bombed on April 6, 2017. Whether you believe it's a coincidence or a conspiracy is a matter of opinion. Frankly, I'm undecided.

@2541987

That assumes Assad was responsible for the chemical attack, I don't think he was. But regardless of who did it, Trump didn't have to choose that particular day to respond with military action. I certainly wouldn't have faulted him if he had taken some time to get to the bottom of what happened before choosing how to respond.

@2541982

December 10, 2013 "American intelligence agencies produced a series of highly classified reports, culminating in a formal Operations Order – a planning document that precedes a ground invasion – citing evidence that the al-Nusra Front, a jihadi group affiliated with al-Qaida, had mastered the mechanics of creating sarin and was capable of manufacturing it in quantity. When the attack occurred al-Nusra should have been a suspect, but the administration cherry-picked intelligence to justify a strike against Assad."

http://www.globalresearch.ca/na...361103?print=1

@2542010

Yes, it appears to have been sarin gas, but there's no grounds given to assume it was done by the Syrian government.

"In January, Susan Rice Assured NPR the Obama Admin Removed Chemical Weapons From Syria"
http://www.weeklystandard.com/i...rticle/2007548

Oh there's much fishy about this, but that isn't it.

WWI was an unimaginable tragedy, but the air strike was in response to Assad gassing his own people. If it turns out Russia is somehow orchestrating events to encourage another great war, then I would see the parallels with WWI.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Coincidence +2Reply

Freaky!

I wonder....hmm.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Coincidence +1Reply
@2542006

while the sheep come out in support of either obama bombing the middle east or trump bombing the middle east, the minority who knows the truth stands with Ron paul, who called the false flag for what it was: a FALSE FLAG! and Trump should NOT have gotten involved, period

http://www.washingtontimes.com/...-chance-basha/?

@2542007

I doubt he will see a bounce in the polls. His voters did not want us to get involved in that complicated Syrian mess, and he vowed he wouldn't. The job numbers for March are also alarmingly low.

@2542224

It went up five points, which is not saying much.

@2544157

His base makes up a small percentage of people. Hard core right wing Republicans, and many Midwest blue collar Democrats.

His polls went up a few points because he appeased the neo-cons, the hawks.

I love anniversaries.

Anonymous