-27

You can define your words any way you like. It is a pointless exercise if most of your audience uses a different definition.

Image for post You can define your words any way you like.  It is a pointless exercise if most of your audience uses a different definition.
VicZincs avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
6 22

Agree... I've come across the same, many times.

I usually bet on the fact that most people are smart. But what else. A definition on a main word in the explanations box? This could help but would anyone ever DO that?

With some words, there are so many interpretations, that unless you know the person using them and the context in which they were said, you may still be off the mark. If I called Vic an "animal", he might see it as an insult. If a beautiful woman referred to him as an animal, he might take it as a compliment.

Example?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Example?

Socialism

Conservative

Libertarian

Hate

@VicZinc Socialism Conservative Libertarian Hate

I see, vic
I consider myself a liberal
But in the context of, say.....my fiscal responsibilities, conservation of our planet, i am conservative. But in a politically liberal minded way.
Just an example of how i am reading into this....

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Fake News

Religious Freedom

Activist Judge

Most of my audience do not use any definition at all. Then they call me a moron because I insist on sorting out what the words actually mean.

Once I was chatting with a fellow and he suddenly said "You're a libertarian!" I had never heard the word, and he could not explain what it meant, but whatever it was, I was one!

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Disagree +1Reply

Not if they are listening to my definition.

and the ones to twist meaning of words the worst are liberals, sorry but it is true,

I do understand how liberals could come to believe that everyone can / should define words any way you like. Otherwise, how could they explain the constant flux in word definition within their own circle. One day Chicago is the name of a city in the Midwest. Next day it's a racial slur - etc.

Productive people agree to a greater degree of conformity regarding the definition of words. They'll look a little harder for the right word in special situations rather than simply making up some new bullshit definition for words. Usually, it's these same people that understand that there really is right and wrong, yours and mine, etc.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc Which part of the post do you disagree with?

Which part of my my response did you not understand?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc All jibberish.

Let me make it more simple for you to understand.

Liberals are liars.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc Is that like alternative facts?

No Vic - past experience. A few examples ;

Maxine Waters - "Trump paid no taxes."
Bill Clinton - "I did not have sex with that woman"
Hillary Clinton - Well, the head of the FBI addressed the nation for 20 minutes outlining her lies and deception right before he announced there would be no indictment.
Susan Rice - Every thing from Benghazi to Syria
Etc.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick No Vic - past experience. A few examples ; Maxine Waters - "Trump paid no taxes." Bill Clinton - "I did not have...

Nixon - I'm not a crook
Reagan - I don't know about Iran Contra
Bush sr -No new taxes
Bush - Weapons of MD
Trump - Mexico will pay

Oh, what fun! Let's keep going!

Anonymous