Yes, I just met the new employee. He seems nice. WTF? How do you know someone is nice? And yet...ppl always say that. Help...why is this...and what can change?

Image for post **Yes, I just met the new employee.  He seems nice.**  WTF? How do **you** know someone is nice? //And yet...ppl **always** say that.//  **Help...why is this...and what can change?**
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
6 21

I guess it's wishful thinking.

I've tried to give it up, let it go...but it still catches me every now and again...and I personally want to plow a person.

@2542155

I think a lot of people try to be what they think you want them to be... and it's only after a while, they revert to themselves. Job interviews seem to encourage this in people.

I have been guilty a few times. Most of the time I can read people very easily and see they ain't such a nice person. At work so far I have always been right.

🦋

I never say that...it's a given..

I'm more likely to say "He seems like an asshole"..

If my asshole radar comes on..

It's a noncommittal way to try to be nonjudgemental. You never know how that will turn out.

@ozzyboy It's a noncommittal way to try to be nonjudgemental. You never know how that will turn out.

You're saying you don't mind when ppl say "he seems really nice..."...upon seeing someone for 2 minutes....

Why...I'm interested....

@Sukiesnow You're saying you don't mind when ppl say "he seems really nice..."...upon seeing someone for 2...

Sometimes society requires a response but you really don't know enough to say anything good or bad. It's something to say and not really say anything. White noise.
I don't really care if he "seems" nice, I will figure it out by myself anyway.

Yes, my ex-wife, Nicole was like that.