+7

You say what you feel in the moment. When that moment passes...do you regret or stand by your previous comment?

I stand by how I feel in the moment. I cannot be responsible for how words or actions are perceived...I will however accept outcomes....what about you? If you say something and it is taken to extreme...do you wish you could go back in time and not have said anything? Or do you stand in the moment....

Image for post **You say what you feel in the moment.** //When that moment passes...do you regret or stand by your previous comment?//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
5 28

I've regretted a few things I've said when I'm mad. Words can hurt and I don't like hurting anyone.

@2542535

Can't win sometimes, riight? Might as well make a stand...and stick to it...for better or worse.

I say what I think and don't regret it. What's interesting is more often it's a question of whether I regret not having said something than the reverse. If that makes sense.

It's happened to me on more than one occasion. I had a definitive information that I could have presented that may have killed a lot of drama (and we're not talking about petty fights, serious real world consequences were involved) before it achieved liftoff. But knowing no matter what I did someone would get hurt, not being certain of it's impact, knowing it wasn't my business to tell, I kept it to myself and just observed a sea of lies. In not all, but two of those situations, I regret not offering that information up to someone, anyone. At the end of it, I knew the truth, but a fat lot of good that did me when I was the only one that knew it. People I cared about endured a lot of unnecessary bs because of it. Entire lives were nearly destroyed.

I can't do it over again, but I was presented with an impossible choice and I did the best that could to make the right decision, believe me, I truly thought I was making the right decision. Hindsight is 20/20.

@ForkNdaRoad I say what I think and don't regret it. What's interesting is more often it's a question of whether I regret not...

Yes...hindsight is 2020. But you made a decision and stood for that...it could have worked out differently and you would have been (inwardly) crowing.

I say: decide, stand, and accept outcomes. It takes courage and tenacity....

And no one ever tells you about the times you were right....

When i was much younger, i said things that i regretted.
I have learned to choose my words much more wisely.
Words have consequences.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

If I say it and it is taken to the extreme depending on what it is, I wish I would have never said anything at all. Sadly words can stay with ya for a long time and can't be taken back once they are said.

Words can cut deeper than a knife in my opinion.

🦋

@Lil_Princess If I say it and it is taken to the extreme depending on what it is, I wish I would have never said anything at all...

Don't you think we would just grow a thicker skin? I mean, we might just eventually learn to stand for ourself...irregardless of what anyone says...

It's about self confidence...self esteem....it's a test for when we've got it...

@Sukiesnow Don't you think we would just grow a thicker skin? I mean, we might just eventually learn to stand for...

That is something I am working on currently. I have a hard time with the self esteem thing. I know what I need to work on I just gotta keep working on it.

@Sukiesnow What do you mean...giving up?

Not working on changing things. To start things and say I can't do this, like with my self-esteem and self-confidence.

@Sukiesnow Sorry. Can you give me an example?

When I kinda give up, I just think horribly of myself and shut the whole world out. I don't try to do better and make any progress

@Lil_Princess When I kinda give up, I just think horribly of myself and shut the whole world out. I don't try to do better and...

Sooo...I got that when you give up...you think horribly of yourself...and shut the world out...it happens...yeah...

So how do you recover from that?

@Sukiesnow Sooo...I got that when you give up...you think horribly of yourself...and shut the world out...it...

It just takes time. Sometimes it is just kindness from a friend or even a stranger to bring me out of it.

Those days are are gone. I have more self-confidence than I used to have, I am really happy, and like I said working on my self esteem. All the pieces in the puzzle are finally coming together

@Lil_Princess It just takes time. Sometimes it is just kindness from a friend or even a stranger to bring me out of it. Those...

Those days might not be gone forever. Who knows? If they come back...that's okay, too...

It does take time...and you are in a stronger postition to handle them....

@Lil_Princess I am a lot stronger today than I have been in the last 24 years

Now, I find it's easier to be stronger when I'm NOT in a relationship...than when I'm in one...do you find that, too?

@Sukiesnow Now, I find it's easier to be stronger when I'm NOT in a relationship...than when I'm in one...do you find that, too?

I thought it was just me but ya I kinda felt that way too. Right now I am just taking some me time and enjoying life.

@2542879

I, too, agree with everyone who agrees with me. hehe smilie

I usually regret words that were blurred out in times of heightened emotional states. Usually I find that they were purely emotional reactions, as fleeting as a passing thought, and as untrue as a passing thought. Moments like that do not reflect on my rational mind overall. Just like occasional grammatical or spelling errors when writing sentences do not reflect the intellect and articulation of a writer overall, unless those blips are more frequent than rare. Perhaps I am repressed emotionally, who knows...

LiVis avatar LiVi Disagree +1Reply
@LiVi I usually regret words that were blurred out in times of heightened emotional states. Usually I find that they were...

I know!! I need an automatic pause and hold in my head along with a click to rewind/reset button.

You might think people understand this...it being so common...but no...one slip of a few thoughtless words can then take many minutes of backtracking and apology.

@Sukiesnow I know!! I need an automatic pause and hold in my head along with a click to rewind/reset button. You...

Haha yes me too. I think things come out worse when they have been bottled up for so long, by the time they finally come out, the words can be vicious and cutting. Snd you're right, it's very hard to backtrack from..

LiVis avatar LiVi Disagree +1Reply