VicZincs avatar Politics
3 37

Free does not equal Freedom
Neither equals holding others responsible for their actions.

Are you certain you understand what you are trying to say?

@2544822

Our response to the chemical attack is about punishment and the deterrence of war crime. The entire world deemed chemical weapons as being to cruel to use.
Shall we allow it to continue?

@VicZinc Holding others responsible is not freedom. That's what this post says.

And I agree that it's not about freedom. It's about justice. That's basically what I said in the comment above.

@2544822

Your conclusion is ridiculous as usual. Your premise and my initial response had nothing to do with Syria, Trump or Assad.

Are you suggesting that Assad has the 'freedom' to poison his citizens?

@Budwick Free does not equal Freedom Neither equals holding others responsible for their actions. Are you certain you...

So phrases like 'free will' or even 'free Willy' are not related to 'freedom'? Interesting.

We are no longer free to own slaves in this country. Does that bum you out?

@VicZinc So phrases like 'free will' or even 'free Willy' are not related to 'freedom'? Interesting. We are no longer free...

No Vic, I am not saying that. Words that contain some of the same letters do not have the same definitions. It's fun to try to fluster people with your nonsensical interpretations though, isn't it? Does it bother you when someone can see through your hypocrisy? Or, are you pretty used to it by now?

@Budwick No Vic, I am not saying that. Words that contain some of the same letters do not have the same definitions. It's...

The only thing that bothers me is your constant and unsuccessful attempts to bother me.

@VicZinc The only thing that bothers me is your constant and unsuccessful attempts to bother me.

Well, that is truly delightful!

So, it bothers you that I am unsuccessful in bothering you? Yup, that's the kind of circular baloney logic I've come to expect from you!

@2544816

What is this freedom you speak of?

We are bound by laws and require permission to do anything at all.
Drive a car - not without permission. Treat illness - not without permission. Sell something for profit - not without permission.

We are no freer than a zoo animal.

@VicZinc What is this freedom you speak of? We are bound by laws and require permission to do anything at all. Drive a car...

We do have the freedom to speak how we think. We have the freedom to try and better ourselves, or to not.

Our freedom, real freedom, has been corralled by the acts of those who have abused it by poor choice and greed.
And population.

Humans will never realize true freedom
Not until there are too few to interfer with others.

We have created our own chains

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2544832

I get that most people think as you do.

So I ask "what does free mean?"

@2544844

I am quite sure that would be the case

@2545234

Thank you.

@2544890

You agree with our president, so much

He doesnt agree with himself, are you as wishy washy as he?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2544920

John........the things he has done, his hypocrisy, his inability to have a solid stance. Those things are not going to stop

He has sqandered his chance. His contradictions and instability is alienating our allies.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2544929

This post has nothing to do with Trump. Only your comments do.

@2545034

Um. OK.

But this is my post.

@2544929

Well.
This new strong and useful man
Hasnt a clue
If he keeps it up, we wont need to be concerned, as we will vanish

Freedom to act without permission only is almost laughable if what you're "accepting" as an outcome is punishment for acts that are devoid of force. All people the world over act without permission. Murder is an act without permission, it is not a form of freedom.

So long as governments exist, true freedom is a legal guarantee that those acts which are devoid of force and those acts that are a means of defense against force will not be met with government retaliation. Anything less than that is fictional freedom. The government can't possibly permit all acts even in its most totalitarian state, permission is only a variable to those who seek it out. For those who do not, the bigger issue is whether or not you will be locked in a cage or punished in some other way for living the way you see fit.

The price of freedom is the understanding that this legal guarantee means people are going to make choices and live lifestyles with which you may not agree, but so long as those acts are also devoid of force, you've no more authority to stop them or punish them than they have to punish you for the same.

This comment was deleted.
@2565552

Lack of freedom

Anonymous