+20

You don't mind dining alone in public. Amirite?

Image for post **You don't mind dining alone in public.** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Food & Drink
9 39
@2546471

What about dinner... Or supper...whatever? Why not?

I have no issues.
I get a newspaper, takes my time, and enjoy my meal

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +8Reply

No, I have no problem eating alone. In fact, I enjoy it.

Not at all ... I love good food with or without company. chew smilie

@2546676

Yeah... Or the waitstaff ignores you: thinking your a woman...how much will you tip anyway...and then you end up making a big deal about it....

Eating alone has it's own troubles....

I stay away from bars...but maybe I should start. Trouble is the food at bars is usually below a decent level. Some bars do serve a decent deep fried pickle and I could make a meal out of them.

@2546807

Hmm? You look like a Muslim?

@2546927

In Canada...they love beanies...we call them touks....

@Ada Whats a deep fried pickle when it's at home? 乂ᵒ .ᴼ乂

In all languages it's YUM... The smaller the pickle the better :) some places cut pickles in quarter silvers and then deep fry them...dipping first in nice batter and deep frying...when hot & fresh...they can be amazing good.

I prefer eating alone. 乂º◡º乂

Adas avatar Ada Agree +6Reply
@2546802

Haha yeah sadly so I can dribble a bit since I had my jaw broke a few years back so it paranoids me a bit. 乂º◡º乂

Adas avatar Ada Agree +4Reply
@2546951

Why? Good appetite?

@2547084

Not a strong mom figure, then...:)

@2547318

Cheers to your mom.... clap smilie

....and older sis...who was probably spending her time separating everyone in their fights...:)

@2546951

Aww bless ya.乂º◡º乂

Adas avatar Ada Agree +3Reply

I've done it virtually every day for about five years. It has upsides in that I can text whenever I want. I also dislike eating in groups.

The downsides are that in places where I'm not a regular they often keep the good tables for couples and groups near the windows and I get put down the back by the kitchen door. Also they rarely bring me table water, apparently you don't get thirsty until your a couple or greater.

When it's busy I'll book a table for two, I get a nice seat then once the table water has arrived I apologies that the other person just cancelled.

@OzSurfer I've done it virtually every day for about five years. It has upsides in that I can text whenever I want. I also...

Ha ha ha... That is such a good tactic...at least your not a wimp like some people and will dine out on your own for any meal.

@Sukiesnow Ha ha ha... That is such a good tactic...at least your not a wimp like some people and will dine out on your own...

Thanks! I'd probably never done it in my life until I became single, but I refuse lock myself away. The first few times I felt very conspicuous though. Now I take Siri in my iphone for valentines dinner and book a table to two hehe smilie

No, I don't mind, whether alone or in company, depending on circumstances and events.

Can't be avoided sometimes

LiVis avatar LiVi Agree +2Reply

I wouldn't go hungry..

Do what you have to do..

As long as I have my phone I can do it.

🦋