+5

The Common Retail Shopper

I HATE working in retail over holidays. I love how kindness and patience go right out the door and people blame you for mistakes that COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE YOUR FAULT. I try to cut a guy a break by manually voiding a previous abandoned transaction so we didn't have to wait for the manager key, he thinks the voided items were added to his bill and cannot be convinced otherwise! Then an orthadox jew curses him out in spanish (WHAT!?). DAMN The worst thing about that was not being able to get it on camera! It'd be a viral video for sure! FUCK ME! but anyway, PEOPLE If an Item rings up wrong It's 99.99999999 percent of the time NOT THE CASHIERS FAULT! If you expect us to memorize the sliding scale of prices daily for over a million different items you're OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! If that was a requirement for my job I'd be like see ya at Target Bitches! If I could change the price myself to fix it I would but I can't IT NEEDS A MANAGER in almost every store this is the case. You're a disassociated MORON if you blame the cashier.

Image for post The Common Retail Shopper
TomboyJanets avatar Life
4 5

The only thing i EVER blame a cashier for is, not being able to talk to the couple with two full carts, and scan at the same time.

We get alot of that around here. Small employee pool.

Use the self-serve cash registers.

I feel sorry for the people who work in cafe's around my home during Easter. All the locals usually take a week off and go on vacation, with nearly all the cafe's and shops closed, the place fills up with tourists all expecting to eat out, and the few places open get over run with queues of people out into the street and waitresses and cashiers being run of their feet by impatient tourists. Tipping isn't an expectation here but I always tip when customer service staff are trying their best under stress like this.

Anonymous