Superficial flattery or blunt banter...which are you in the market for...?

You like someone who is blunt rather than someone who flatters.... really... both can have some of the truth about them....

7% Superficial flattery... 40% Blunt banter... 53% Other
Sukiesnows avatar Language
9 39

I just want real kindness. I don't want those other things.

To the point

Cantstops avatar Cantstop Blunt banter... +4Reply

Doesn't matter what i'm in the market for, people are always eager to give out their free samples..

Too many people are too dense to appreciate the fine art of tact, so I use the blunt approach with some.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo Blunt banter... +2Reply

hmm smilie Kissing my ass or pissing me off....I will take neither. One can simply be kind and truthful without being an ass.

🦋

Too the point but nicely.

@Sukiesnow So blunt then.

Not necessarily. "Does this outfit look good on me?" Response, "Let's see if we can find an outfit that makes you look as gorgeous as you really are."

@ozzyboy Not necessarily. "Does this outfit look good on me?" Response, "Let's see if we can find an outfit that makes you...

Yes... I see what you mean...as opposed to saying: I think this looks like a burlap sack infested with manure...you might want to say: let's try another one...

Tee hee...

So after laughing for a while....tee hee... It's possible we might be addressing another point...perhaps Diplomacy? If I'm in a shop trying on the clothes; I might be diplomatic...but still be blunt in a way.

Some ppl might say: yeah...I like this...but I'm just not sure...that is being indecisive and not being blunt at all...

I guess what I'm saying is: there are variances...but what I guess what I'm mostly referring to is/are the languaging used on here... On AMirite...since that is what we have in common....

Heh heh...a burlap sack covered in manure... (Shit)

So tell me what you think.

@2548758

So blunt then. Good.

I wasn't sure if I liked you when we first met and sometimes I'm still not sure. How is that for being blunt.

@Sukiesnow

There's blunt and there's being rude, you are very rude.

@StarzAbove There's blunt and there's being rude, you are very rude.

I'm sorry...I don't mean to be rude. Mostly I like you. And when I like you I like you a lot.

@Sukiesnow I'm sorry...I don't mean to be rude. Mostly I like you. And when I like you I like you a lot.

Your opinion of me doesn't really matter to me at all. It's just rude to tell someone that they are mostly disliked. That is very rude.

@StarzAbove Your opinion of me doesn't really matter to me at all. It's just rude to tell someone that they are mostly...

No...you are mostly LIKED... That's good by Amirite standards...

We have friends in common...we run in the same milieu....I just like to clear the air...and understand where I stand with some people... That is not a bad thing.

I know my opinion doesn't really matter...so there's no problem expressing it.

Neither sounds appealing

Trishs avatar Trish Other +2Reply
@Trish Neither sounds appealing

It's not about you; it's about other people and how they perceive you.

A little of both

@C_ZAR1 A little of both

Wrong answer. Bite the bullet. I'll put you do for "Blunt" since I know you can take it.

@C_ZAR1 Alright, blunt. 😉

So here's blunt: CZAR...you come across as cagey. I don't know what you are hiding from....

You are adorable and well spoken; I wish you would exercise some of your thoughts and intellect on AMirite. Maybe once you get warmed up.....

Now...that's not bad as far as being blunt...

As long as one gets the point across, word choice doesn't matter.

@Masha As long as one gets the point across, word choice doesn't matter.

I am a blunt person, but I try to watch myself and soften that! There is such a thing as being rude, and word choice does indeed matter! First of all, people have feelings, and those who are unapologetically rude, think they own the world! They say what they want, and by golly, you just have to take them as they are! And even if someone makes a good point, if they go about it like a bull in a china shop, their point will be missed or rejected by the other! If they are kind, the other person may be receptive! There is so much war and fighting in the world, that anyone who can add just a little peace, makes a huge difference

@2549095

It's a heaven we all dream of....

Bluntness is being too direct, which I can be sometimes without meaning harm! Being rude is simply unacceptable

@Jaden Bluntness is being too direct, which I can be sometimes without meaning harm! Being rude is simply unacceptable

What sign are you? Sometimes you just can't help yourself. It's not an excuse...in some cases it's true.

@Sukiesnow What sign are you? Sometimes you just can't help yourself. It's not an excuse...in some cases it's true.

I do not believe in astrology! I just am a direct person, but I am not rude! I am very sensitive to other people's feelings

Anonymous