TomboyJanets avatar Religion
12 50

I dislike ideas around the Jehovah's Witness but I will fight to death their right to follow it.

@2549113

Anyone being up in your face is highly annoying staight, gay, unicorn whatever. Blatant exhibitionism of anything is annoying, yes even if they are the sacred gays, parading with your sexuality is annoying and it'd be very boring if the most significant thing about a person is who they like to fuck.

@2549113

Gay People:Image in content

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree -2Reply
@Budwick Gay People:

Oh come on every DAY is straight pride day! Fitty cent and his 17 "hoez" grinding up on eachother, some drunk asshole making out poorly with his girl, every fucking ad for hollister ever featuring more than one person, Movies, Games, TV, Comics. ITS EVERYWHERE

This is a question with a lot of grey areas. Some things do need to be restricted. But I agree with the general idea.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +5Reply

How about we respect each other's inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

is this not yet another way of restricting the ideas of people who disagree with this idea?

@Wunderscore is this not yet another way of restricting the ideas of people who disagree with this idea?

People's rights end where another's begins. For instance you don't have the right to grab a random person tie them up and force them to worship you without their consent. You should never have the right to take away other people's rights.

@Wunderscore which is your belief, and one which restricts the beliefs of others

My belief is I love a girl named Ashley and would like to marry her. Banning gay marriage would be putting someone's belief over mine, someone who is unaffected by it. It's like saying I don't like cookies let's ban them from all stores so no one can have them it's insanity

@TomboyJanet My belief is I love a girl named Ashley and would like to marry her. Banning gay marriage would be putting...

or like saying "I don't like when people restrict the opinions of others so I'm going to restrict the opinions of people who support it"

@Wunderscore or like saying "I don't like when people restrict the opinions of others so I'm going to restrict the opinions of...

No. totally incorrect. You're allowed to not support gays, you should not be allowed to harm gays by taking away their rights. Thats a big difference.

Think about it this way. If You don't like cookies. You're entitled to not like cookies. You're not entitled to take cookies away from other people because you don't like them.

AND I SAID OPTIONS NOT OPINIONS!

@TomboyJanet No. totally incorrect. You're allowed to not support gays, you should not be allowed to harm gays by taking away...

Sorry janet. I think we all, ALL should enjoy the same rights. If someones sensiblities are bruised, then they should live in seclusion

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Sorry janet. I think we all, ALL should enjoy the same rights. If someones sensiblities are bruised, then they...

I said Option not opinion OPTION!!!! like you shouldn't be like NO GAY SEX cuz I THINK ITS BAD (by law)

@Carla Opinion is a thought Restriction is an action

In the comment you replied to, I used "restrict" as a verb, and "(the) opinion(s of others)" as the direct object of said verb

@Wunderscore In the comment you replied to, I used "restrict" as a verb, and "(the) opinion(s of others)" as the direct object...

I am not a grammar expert. But doesnt that still mean that restriction is the action? And opinion still a thought?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@2549344

well I meant as long as that idea doesn't infringe on other people. Like Gay marriage, one side is for it cuz it will make them happy directly, one side is against it just because they don't like it. The first side wins hands down. You're mild discomfort of knowing somewhere someone you don't know is getting married somewhere you can't see is not an issue worth making laws over

@2549417

Isn't that statement self contradicting?

Self-rule is not infringing on others' self-rule.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +3Reply

The thought is too open ended. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed. Back in the day, you could more or less count on society to follow social norms. These days, it's far too common for people to challenge social norms and then say something like "If you don't like an idea don't try to restrict the options of others to follow it".

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +2Reply
@Budwick The thought is too open ended. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed. Back in the day, you could more or...

I think its just that popular opinions are shifting and if you don't follow you will have a barrage of disapproval coming your way. Same crap different day, there still are opinions you're not "allowed" to have.

What if it's a really bad idea? Those are the ones I don't like the most.

If you don't like an idea, try to restrict the options of others to follow it.

At least not if you live in America. Defend the right to CHOOSE.

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Agree +1Reply

Good advice ;D

yes liberals, don;t like guns, don;t get one but don;t stop others from owning them, don;t like the idea that a company won;t serve gays? leave them be and find a different company, don;t get in their way. etc etc, see your argument goes both ways. unless your a hypocrite!

I dont understand. If I dont like an idea, dont restrict others to follow what?

Hey Janet I was wondering where you have been.

Who is restricting your right to be with a woman? It's not accepted to be anti gay for quite some time now, it's like you're making an argument at...no one. It's almost as if antagonizing the opposite of your opinion is somewhat suppressing and censoring it instead of just opposing it with an argument.

What if an idea promotes murder? Should I just let it happen because I don’t like that idea?

Anonymous