Ever have a friend who says: can you take your arm off of my table? Oh, and can you take your leg off the chair? I'm still flabbergasted...don't even know how to react...or if I can react...?

Apparently it's all about skin oils on (fake) furniture...or something...and I respect it since I'm at her place...I of course will do what she wants...but I am still stymied...like WTF?

Image for post **Ever have a friend who says: can you take your arm off of my table? Oh, and can you take your leg off the chair?** //I'm still flabbergasted...don't even know how to react...or if I can react...?//
83% Help 17% Other
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
7 15

I've had people who disrespect what I have.... even had a guy fishing at my lake who was throwing his cigarette buts on the ground or in the water. I just don't invite them back.

@JustJimColo I've had people who disrespect what I have.... even had a guy fishing at my lake who was throwing his cigarette...

That is disgusting...there are small containers at dollar stores they can buy that you can use as an ashtray and for the butts...they need one of those....

@Sukiesnow That is disgusting...there are small containers at dollar stores they can buy that you can use as an ashtray...

I know some smokers at work who'd never litter or throw rubbish anywhere, but discard their cigarette butts where ever they are standing. I don't get it.

@OzSurfer I know some smokers at work who'd never litter or throw rubbish anywhere, but discard their cigarette butts where...

Businesses that have places to dispose of butts usually don't have much of a problem. There are exceptions.

Shit, i erased my comment
It was a good rant too.
No furniture would absorb skin oil in that period of time. And you still have the heat on. Dry.
I would have left, and not returned.
I am insulted FOR you.

@Carla Shit, i erased my comment It was a good rant too. No furniture would absorb skin oil in that period of time. And...

She doesn't usually say these things...honestly...it's fake effing furniture...not teak or something...

Thank you... At least I don't feel like I'm over reacting anymore....

@Sukiesnow She doesn't usually say these things...honestly...it's fake effing furniture...not teak or something... Thank...

No. Even if it was teak or redwood, oak or cardboard, your skin would not leach enough oil over a period of several hours to cause damage.
Your friend is bonkers

No, I've never had that happen. I'm pretty sure that I've never put my leg ON somebody else's chair though, unless I was just sitting on it.

I figure tables are places to have arms on them, so I would tell my so-called friend to shove it, probably, and or laugh and leave.

When I was about 17 I was around at a friends place for the first time, and they had older average quality lounge furniture, and all I did while I was talking was lean against the arm of the couch, i didn't even sit on it, and my friends dad went off at me like I'd just been jumping on it or something. I was really shocked. It's their furniture I guess, but I never went back there again, I might have accidentally breathed on a mirror leaving condensation or something dreadful.

@OzSurfer When I was about 17 I was around at a friends place for the first time, and they had older average quality lounge...

It's not a good feeling....is it. I like to make myself at home where I am...but I guess I can't do that at her place...consequently I will be visiting less and less...

She also just got a new iPhone...and would barely let me hold it... What did she think I was going to do...use it as a frisbee?

@Sukiesnow It's not a good feeling....is it. I like to make myself at home where I am...but I guess I can't do that at her...

I have a cousin like that, he grew up an only child and lives alone. He doesn't know how to share and interact with people, so when I go to visit there are lots of rules lol

Anonymous