Can you name a dish with a funny name? Poutine...from Canada....

Image for post **Can you name a dish with a funny name?** //Poutine...from Canada....//
Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
9 39

Shit on a Shingle. That's what my mom would call her "creamy tuna fish on toast" dish.

Shingle as in roofing shingles.

@2550033

Thanks. I remember some family military guys talking about that. lol Actually I like dried beef gravy on baked potatoes. lol

@2550278

Never tried that. Sounds good, though.

@2550407

Oops, better not try that. lol

@2549774

Maybe that's what I thought was Bubble and Squeak...where's Ser or JD when you need them?

Only one i can think of is
Pig in a blanket

@2549781

There's a bar in Toronto with that name...you'd think it might be a gay bar but it's not....:)

Float, a frothy dessert my Mother always made. Delicious

@Carla Ice cream with rootbeer, vernors or coke:)

No, none of that. A lot of eggs, milk and others. I wish I could have gotten the recipe before she passed.

@StarzAbove No, none of that. A lot of eggs, milk and others. I wish I could have gotten the recipe before she passed.

Huh.
Me too. I would have gotten it from you
Fortunately, i have all my grandmothers and mothers recipes.

@Carla Huh. Me too. I would have gotten it from you Fortunately, i have all my grandmothers and mothers recipes.

I'll ask one of my older sisters, maybe they have the recipe. It was almost like a vanilla pudding, only very light and fluffy. Very good.

@Carla See, now i bet you want some:)

I would like to be able to serve it to my family. In fact we were talking about it last Sunday, when dessert was being passed around.

Bubble and Squeak...from the UK... Mashed potatoes and sausages...

Shepards Pie. Not hilarious funny but still different.

I love hearing northerners try to say "po boy"

Spotted Dick. It's a British pudding.

Comfortable Screw. It's not a food but it might be to some....it's orange juice and Sourthern Comfort.

Poo Poo Platter. A delectable Chinese dish!

Poopoo platter

I think there's a dessert called Roly-Poly.

Adam and Eve on a raft - wreck 'em.

Gooseberry pie...my favorite and yes when I was little before I started helping pick them off the bush I thought the came from a goose hehe smilie

🦋

Bangers and Mash.

How about Irving?

It's better than "shit on a shingle".

Prairie oysters

Toad In The Hole

An egg fried in a circular hole cut out of the center of a slice of bread

Slumgullion

Just another name for the mixture of ground beef, seasoned and cooked tomatoes, and pasta all tossed together in a skillet and served hot. Some people even refer to this as goulash.

Ladyfingers

Anonymous