+6

It is self-defeating when a Mod cannot override a Block. It is defeating a mods' purpose...which is helping you while keeping an eye on the Big Picture...for the good of Amirite...

Image for post **It is self-defeating when a //Mod// cannot override a Block.** //It is defeating a mods' purpose...which is helping you while keeping an eye on the Big Picture...for the good of Amirite...//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
7 32

Yes, so would a "Mod" blocking a member. The only thing blocking a moderator does, is annoy them. They can still see reported content, should they wish to.

@2553164

But...if they knew that in advance...before they signed up...that would be a different story. Amirite?

@2553890

Yes. I know I'm not making a very good example by blocking B. But I did this before he became a mod.

I could handle unblocking if the mod I wanted to block was going to stay away from my posts. Wouldn't that be fair?

Well, maybe the moderators can weigh in on this themselves.

Well yes it would defeat the purpose of having Mods if everyone could block them and the Mods would just be left sitting in the dark.

@2553183

Yea I wouldn't think blocking a mod would really do much of anything. They can't very well do the job if they can't see what people are posting.

@2553212

But as far as carrying out the actual duties of being a mod they obviously can't be blocked. Which is why I'm sure there is such stiff criteria used in determining who becomes a mod.

@2553183

And they can upvote or down vote, even though blocked. That doesn't seem quite fair.

@2553183

Ser says she can't chat with ppl who are blocked... I don't know how she feels about this post....I just don't feel it's fair when a mod...which is a hard enough job...when they can be totally blocked.

@2555142

I agree. Now I blocked him before he became a Mod...but going in...I wouldn't do that.

Or: How about a mod can be blocked but has the tools to unblock and be able to communicate in special situations.

@2555161

I gave him 2 (two) chances.

He doesn't listen...to what anyone ever says.

I don't think in all my years on the internets I have actually ever blocked anyone......... I never understood the practice myself.

@AliceD I don't think in all my years on the internets I have actually ever blocked anyone......... I never understood the...

Interesting. The can bring up possibilities.... Like, why? Either you haven't been on one site for a long time...or...etc....etc.

@2553718

As a mod (not on here) yourself...you can understand that...of course...communication is necessary tool for both...mod and member. Either way...neglect can be crippling. Amirite?

I don't know how the system actually works for the mods but if I was to make a guess, I'd say this:

the blocking option for mods is designed to take effect only at times they are not mods so for instance before or after they are mods.

So the software which elevates their permission of who they can see overrides any blocks when they become mods.

Any blocks placed prior to a mod gaining their position or during, automatically take effect once they quit their mod position and regain regular member status.

This would be why the option to block mods would remain apparently functional to members. Not to actually block the mod, but rather for the system to remember, should the mod regain member status.

If I was writing the software, that's how I'd make it work. But in this particular case I am only guessing.

Who the hell is "Plausible"?

@dru18 Who the hell is "Plausible"?

No one seems to know. I was blocked the day he came aboard.