What books have changed the way you look at the world or the way you live your life?

Image for post What books have changed the way you look at the world or the way you live your life?
doctorwho1011s avatar Books
9 18

The Bible.

Bringers of the Dawn, Barbara Marciniak.

Stranger in a Strange Land. Robert Heinlien.

Also some of Stephen King's novels.

@Sukiesnow Stranger in a Strange Land. Robert Heinlien. Also some of Stephen King's novels.

SiaSL had an impact on my as well.

Others that I suspect had a big influence

.Voyage of the Beagle (Darwin)
.Phaedrus (Plato)
.Rhetoric (Aristotle)
.Bible (various)
.Wealth of Nations (Smith)
.Essays Concerning Human Understanding (Locke)
.Fear and Trembling (Kierkegaard)
.The Prince (Machiavelli)
.Gulliver's Travels (Swift)
.Don Quixote (Cervantes)
.Le Morte d'Arthur (Malory)
.Faust (Goethe)
.Martian Chronicle (Bradbury)

@VicZinc SiaSL had an impact on my as well. Others that I suspect had a big influence .Voyage of the Beagle...

For a time all I could afford was libraries...and some did not have all the good classics....

Once you start reading early English Lit...you start speaking like them... What...where goest? What hither comes? Yes, the Light is good from the East.

Life changing? None that I can think of but for some reason "The Good Earth" made a lifelong impression on me.

Jandar of Calisto. It was the first book I read through. Itr seemed to be almost believable.

"The Purity Myth" - Jessica Valenti

Anonymous