Fixing things.What was the last thing you fixed?

Mechanical or anything

Image for post Fixing things.What was the last thing you fixed?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar People & Celebrities
8 26

My laptop's hard drive died, I bought a new one and reimaged it from a backup.

@OzSurfer My laptop's hard drive died, I bought a new one and reimaged it from a backup.

Yey someone who actually backed their machine up to start with.biggrin smilie
乂^◡^乂

@Ada Yey someone who actually backed their machine up to start with. 乂^◡^乂

Hehe yes I'm a weirdo, the first thing I do when I get a new computer, even before turning it on for the first time is to image the HD. Then I take s second one after I've set it up the way I like it. :)

@OzSurfer Hehe yes I'm a weirdo, the first thing I do when I get a new computer, even before turning it on for the first time...

No I totally get ya, I've had a HD full of data die before today with no back-up and feck that's something I ain't gonna do again, haha!

I'm messing around with a Linux OS at the moment as Microbloats preinstalled W10 operating systems are getting beyond a joke now! 乂>_<乂

@Ada No I totally get ya, I've had a HD full of data die before today with no back-up and feck that's something I ain't...

I like Linux OS, I've just bought a new 2 in (laptop/tablet) and it's got Win10 preinstalled. I don't mind it but it definitely has some annoying things about it. You're right about the bloat, I have an i7 and 32GB of RAM and SSD HD and it runs ok on that, but i wouldn't want Win10 on a slow machine.

My hair, does that count?

I added a printer device to my daughter's Surface. Does that count?

My life.

Recent bathroom remodel opened a Pandora's Box of things to fix. Replaced faulty electric switches, replaced exhaust fan, added roof vent, replaced old supply line valves, repacked valve stem cap on main that began to leak when turned off for bathroom plumbing work.

Now, I can finally get on with repairing, maintaining lawn equipment!

I replaced a sliding glass door that had seen the end of its life.

a man....sorry It was probably something at work like a register

The bottling machine.

It was me until I realized I didn't need fixing

🦋