+5

Well, three days......moving my partner of 15 years to southern tennessee. Will be down there a week. Then back to pack and prepare for a much bigger move..................any suggestions for dealing with a long distance, quarter long, seperation?

Image for post Well, three days......moving my partner of 15 years to southern tennessee. Will be down there a week. Then back to pack and prepare for a much bigger move..................any suggestions for dealing with a long distance, quarter long, seperation?
Carlas avatar
10 18
@2554678

Thank you, bo.
All good advice.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@2554497

Thank you prodigalson.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2554516

Tiff, that's we can ever do.
Take one day at a time.
Thanks for reminding me of that

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Carla, While many of the above suggestions are good, the best, is checking on "cheap" tickets that might be available well in advance. Sometimes you can search and get a round trip ticket for under $100. Nothing is equal to "being there", even if it's only for just a couple of days. (Been there, done that)

@Carla Thank you, jim. Likely, will do that. At least once.

You "need" to. :) My wife used to come see me every couple months when I was in DC for a year. She found round trip tickets for $99. My sister makes it out here a few times a year from Salt Lake for about $50.

Can you explain this to me Carla? When you say you are "moving my partner of 15 years to Southern Tennessee..."

Is she like...a chicken? When I moved...I moved my ferrets with me...the wording you use intrigues me....

I miss them so much.

@Sukiesnow Can you explain this to me Carla? When you say you are "moving my partner of 15 years to Southern Tennessee..." Is...

I know you do.

No, we are moving her and some belongings down. She will be in temporary housing until she finds someplace permanent.
Then.....i will go and my critters will too.

But.....it will take her some time to get used to her new job, surroundings, etc. We figure 3 months 4 tops

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Easy. You get time to yourself and otherwise you can SKYPE.

Trust - Enhances the relationship 10 fold.

Catch up on stuff you never could find time to do with your friend around.

Exercise - Develop new, healthy habits while no distractions exist.

Paint that fugly bathroom!

Clean the garage.

Write letters - not emails, real letters and cards.

@Budwick Trust - Enhances the relationship 10 fold. Catch up on stuff you never could find time to do with your friend...

Thanks, bud.
The whole place is going to be emptied of our belongings. Lots of packing and prep.
;) already started on the garage. Its the barn i dread

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Thanks, bud. The whole place is going to be emptied of our belongings. Lots of packing and prep. ;) already started...

It's a big job - lot's of work and emotion.
I'm sorry I can't be there to help -
We're doing some spring cleaning at our place - I know it's not the same thing, but, letting go of stuff packed away since before the Earth cooled can really speed up the packing process.

Good luck - stay positive!