-11

A true Christian cannot be a liberal. Amirite?

Image for post **A true Christian cannot be a liberal.** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
5 18

I understand that some people hold that belief. WHO is a "true Christian", however, is not a call any mortal is really qualified to make. I know that many who claim be, do not remotely fit the 'image' of of even trying to be Christlike.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +6Reply

What?

How can they be anything but a liberal?

@VicZinc What? How can they be anything but a liberal?

My parents were conservative Christians...and now I realize why they weren't liberal.

@VicZinc Why?

Abortion may be the big one for most Christians.

@JerryHendrickson Abortion may be the big one for most Christians.

Probably

What this country needs is a party that is socially conservative and economically liberal so Christians will have a place to go

@VicZinc Why?

Liberals have more fun.

Liberal means different things to different people, as does conservative. I'm a Christian and I consider myself to be a liberal. I live a fairly conservative life, but I believe people should be able to speak their mind, think for themselves and choose for themselves.

Liberal/Conservative.... it all depends on what you believe in and what you believe is right and wrong.

I'm a true liberal Christian.

Exactly the opposite, actually. A true follower of Christ would never, ever cheer for people having medical care stolen, kids' food stolen, environment trashed, animals slaughtered to extinction for fun, women being oppressed, racism, and everything else the "christian" right stands for.

Trishs avatar Trish Disagree +2Reply

I so disagree! A true Christian following Jesus's beliefs IS a liberal!

I am just wondering what a "true Christian" actually is...we all sin one way or another.

Jesus seemed to hold a pretty socialistic view: He told his disciples to give away everything they own and follow him.

@JerryHendrickson Jesus seemed to hold a pretty socialistic view: He told his disciples to give away everything they own and follow him.

Voluntary giving is not socialism, it's charity, and Jesus called people to follow him and to be charitable, he did not force them. Socialism takes from people regardless of consent, and there is no virtue in giving when you are forced to do it.