0

We are nothing more than animals. If you think we're on this planet for anything other than living and surviving you've got another thing coming. We serve no purpose that differs from any other living thing on this planet. We're born, we survive, then die. That's life. (Doesn't mean life isn't beautiful though) We're hairless monkeys with an evolved mind. Thanks for your time. #stonedthoughts

CiscoKarpes avatar Animals & Nature
8 19

So why is there such a bad attitude toward animals? Why is there such abuse? Such neglect?

I agree on one aspect...but personally I feel we are all ONE...with different functions.

We are animals. To believe anything more seems like wishful thinking to me.

@PhilboydStudge We are animals. To believe anything more seems like wishful thinking to me.

Explain that. I think I might know what you mean but explain it anyway. Please.

My pets certainly weren't treated like they were people...and I certainly had to pay as much for their medical procedures as if they were human.

@Sukiesnow Explain that. I think I might know what you mean but explain it anyway. Please. My pets certainly weren't treated...

Bill Bryson said it better than I could ever hope to..

“It is easy to overlook this thought that life just is. As humans we are inclined to feel that life must have a point. We have plans and aspirations and desires. We want to take constant advantage of the intoxicating existence we've been endowed with. But what's life to a lichen? Yet its impulse to exist, to be, is every bit as strong as ours-arguably even stronger. If I were told that I had to spend decades being a furry growth on a rock in the woods, I believe I would lose the will to go on. Lichens don't. Like virtually all living things, they will suffer any hardship, endure any insult, for a moment's additions existence. Life, in short just wants to be.”
― Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything

@PhilboydStudge Bill Bryson said it better than I could ever hope to.. “It is easy to overlook this thought that life just is...

Thank you... I like it...and thank you to Bill...who ever you are...

It doesn't cover all the bases but it's a good start.

Every living thing is in the food chain..

How long you stick around, has a great deal to do with how close to the top of the food chain you are..

We're pretty stupid if we're hairless monkeys..
We should've kept the hair, that's a lot of money saved on clothing in a lifetime.

I don't happen to agree. I think we are all here for a purpose but it is up to us to figure out what that purpose is

🦋

@2556107

I feel we serve an important role on this planet but everything outside of this life is all a unknown mystery until we finally experience it.

I believe we serve a purpose to this earth to create but we still are animals who are on this planet to live and die like every other thing on this earth.
I feel the best thing is to create a legacy that will follow after our passing.

so you died and rose from the dead and can say this for fact?

@Anonymousmouse so you died and rose from the dead and can say this for fact?

No the bible a human wrote holds more evidence than actual scientific proof that we evolved from apes?

@CiscoKarpe No the bible a human wrote holds more evidence than actual scientific proof that we evolved from apes?

Funny how you discredit the bible because "humans wrote t" but will believe evolution which is also man made. Difference between bible and evolution is bible is a historical document evolution is what humans say happened millions of years ago without conclusive evidence

@Anonymousmouse Funny how you discredit the bible because "humans wrote t" but will believe evolution which is also man made...

Well I guess we both have some proving to do.
I just think it's a tiny bit more sensible to think we are smart evolved animals than thinking there's a man in the sky watching everything we do.
Scientists are very important in this world, we could 100% live without religious garbage and it'd do the world a HUGE favor.
On the other hand science is a very important thing that teaches about us about TRUE human nature and the TRUE world around us.
I know spending your whole life believing in something only to hear someone like me say "We're animals" isn't going to change your mind.
I say believe whatever you want to believe, we're all entitled to our own beliefs.
Some are just more rational than others.

@2556302

Well for one it is basic science and evolution.
Never said i was an atheist once, if anything I'm agnostic.
How about you ezplain to me in detail how you feel your beliefs to be true?
What makes your beliefs anymore credible than mine? It's a lot more reasonable to think we're animals than there's a man in the sky who wants us to live by his rules.

@2556302

What makes you think we're any different from animals?

Well I'm glad we got that straightened out!

Anonymous