+5

Name a band you love from the 70s...; tell us why they would or wouldn't work today. Amirite?

I picked this as an opinion; I think it's a great question...it will get great minds thinking and I'd love to hear the reasons. It deserves to be an opinion.

Image for post **Name a band you love from the 70s...; tell us why they would //or// wouldn't work today.** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 17

It is hard to choose because I love Queen and ABBA. It is possible they could work, their songs relate to things that happen today.

🦋

Kraftwerk. They receive much of the credit for starting the electronic music genre.

Even though Kraftwerk's influence can be still heard in music today, their songs probably sound very dated to anyone but a Kraftwerk acolyte.

@2556145

Of course those aren't musical bands...but they are trends which have lasted until now...

I wanted to do this and came up with 38 bands that I either saw in concert, owned their albums or both.

Don't want to steel anyone's thunder so if you want the list I can PM it to you.

@VicZinc I wanted to do this and came up with 38 bands that I either saw in concert, owned their albums or both. Don't want...

Please VicZincy... Come up with at least 10 of your fave bands that you think might make it today...

@Sukiesnow Please VicZincy... Come up with at least 10 of your fave bands that you think might make it today...

Ok. What do you mean by make it? Gold records? Concert tour? Homes in the Pacific Coast?

@Sukiesnow Half of what you said. And instead...make that 3 bands. :)

Can't narrow it down. Here you go

still a factor
Bee Gees
Billy Joel
Bob Dylan
David Bowie
Elton John
Pink Floyd
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Could be a factor if came back
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Fleetwood Mac
Grateful Dead
Jethro Tull
Queen
Santana
Supertramp
The Clash
Traffic
Van Morrison

@Sukiesnow A great list.... But: The Bee Gees? I noticed you never mentioned the Beatles.

Still part of pop culture. They show up in movies, TV shows and commercials.

Hawkwind, they would work today because they frikkin rock!

Anonymous