When you lose confidence in the integrity of a site...it's time to move on.... Quote by an Amiriter.

Is that what is happening to our site lately? I've heard talks of bullying...some comments being erased due to favouritism...and more bullying. The favouritism...I haven't come across personally...but this site is more than 50% full of bullying.

Image for post **When you lose confidence in the integrity of a site...it's time to move on....** //Quote by an Amiriter.//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
5 47

And that's exactly what some good people are doing....moving on. I guess they were bullied and harassed for quite a while, and then just decided it wasn't worth it anymore. They will be missed.

It appears like people have to walk on eggshells when replying to certain peoples posts that are BS.

@2556391

Don't see anything near 50% myself..

Sure there are cases sometimes of people getting bullied, that didn't do the first thing to deserve to get treated that way..

Then there are people that continuously go back and forth with each other...
Someone is going to lose the battle, someone's going to claim being bullied..

There's a couple of subjects that are just better to stay away from.
I do it in RL..and I'll stick to that game plan on here..

Enjoy the bickering though, don't let me stop anybody..

@2556431

I've been bullied by some, and still going on, even though I've blocked them. but that's OK, I don't worry about a block.

I did see your comment about Carla blocking you. Carla has always said that she doesn't block. Could it be that because she's deactivated that it's showing that you're blocked. In fact that's what I get when I tried to do a search for her. And I know she didn't block me.

I don't know Carla very well, in fact I've never pm'd with her except one time. So I really don't know why she left, but she was always nice to most of us. And maybe she'll return some day.

@2556499

I think that's what has happened. Carla was a nice person to everyone. She left a couple of days ago, and I have no idea why.

@2556524

That's happened to me before. Thought I was blocked, I know, I've talked to Ser about that. I think when they deactivate their page should go too, because it's very confusing.

@2556524

Carla has a busy schedule with moving to another country state...but yes...it would have been nice if she left a couple more messages...or even a Quick Post. No harm in that...right?

@2556391

hehe smilie I don't know what to say....

This comment was deleted.
@2556430

It's fine when THEY bully, but when you return fire, all of a sudden THEY cry victim. We know who the two usual suspects are. They talk to each other now. They have everyone else blocked. lol

@2556572

Everyone is finally getting wise to them now.

@2556230

Plausible: you seem very nice. Nothing you say is wrong. But it feels like you are saying it without having full knowledge of what goes on here. Does that sound about right to you?

@Sukiesnow Plausible: you seem very nice. Nothing you say is wrong. But it feels like you are saying it without having full...

Yes, it does, but I would rather be 70% right ...off the top of my head... , than to be clueless, then Google something, and act like an authority on a subject.
I've been on other sites too. It's no different here. There are always a few who think they are most important.

I am very nice

I haven't come across any bullying, nor have any of my comments been deleted. Too, I do hope I am being cordial with my posts. If I'm out of line, tell me! I try to be as respectful as I can be!

I do know, that people losing confidence in the "integrity" of this site, is far from new. Neither is people talking about being "bullied" all the time.

IF people being singled out and indirectly OR personally insulted means "bullying", than many, many of us here have experienced it. How one handles that, obviously varies a lot.....

@Piper2 I do know, that people losing confidence in the "integrity" of this site, is far from new. Neither is people...

I wasn't trying for something new. It still is what it is, then, and nothing has changed.

@Sukiesnow I wasn't trying for something new. It still is what it is, then, and nothing has changed.

You said "lately". I don't have a clue what you were "trying" for, of course.

@Piper2 You said "lately". I don't have a clue what you were "trying" for, of course.

So what happened to Piper1...lately? Was she a nicer version of you? :)

Buried in your backyard?

@Sukiesnow So what happened to Piper1...lately? Was she a nicer version of you? :) Buried in your backyard?

There was no "Piper 1", but I'm about the same nice as I was when I just "Piper"......

I do my best to stay away from the people or polls that create such things...ignore, skip, block.

Works for me..site seems about the same to me, as when I first came here.

I have not experienced favoritism on this site....to be honest I probably wouldn't notice if my comments were deleted. If it did happen I would hope someone would have enough common sense to tell me why so I was not repeating the same mistakes over and over. Don't play favorites it is a social media site not a kindergarten playground.

In 2015 I did experience bullying. It got so bad that leaving the site was not what I thought of first, I wanted to just end my own life instead because I let the words that were being said get to me. People don't realize their words carry more pain and heartache than physical pain ever will. At the time I couldn't block my attacker because they were anonymous.

Last year, things for me got bad enough that I almost left. I did go to another site. I then realized I just ran away from the problem. I didn't solve it. Plus one of the most important things I realized was I left an amazing group of people all because of one person. So I brought my happy ass back here.

If you don't like someone block them. Don't act like Billy Bad Ass and make them miserable. If someone is attacking you then report it and block them.

@Lil_Princess I have not experienced favoritism on this site....to be honest I probably wouldn't notice if my comments were...

Great comment, my friend.

I too have never noticed anyone being favored. Even when I've reported someone, a lot of the time, nothing was done. But that's what the mods are for, to sort out and make the judgment. I just wish people would stop whining about that and show us who is being favored. It certainly isn't me, or my friends that are leaving the site.

Those that have never been bullied, like to laugh about it and call people whiners or complainers, or even suggest that they are the bullies. Words can hurt and in your case you said it was so bad that you wanted to end your life. I'm so glad that you pulled out of that and realized that it wasn't you but the childish and hurtful bully who was the problem.

We all missed you when you left us, but was so glad when you returned. Some people have nothing better to do than to cause trouble for people, and try their best to get good people to leave. And sometimes that works.

I defended a person on here who was being bullied even though they knew she was having some problems. And in turn, a hater came on my post and called me all kinds of nasty names. I was stunned. I can take a lot of stuff, but I don't abide name calling. The post was just in defense of someone who couldn't defend herself and she ended up deactivating. I guess he accomplished what he set out to do. But management saw what was happening, took his comments down, and I then blocked him.

How can a grown man go after a helpless person and be able to sleep at night. Evidently they have no compassion for the disabled at all.

But, we know bullies are nothing but miserable cowards who have no life at all so they try to bring others down to their level. We seem to have quite a few here on Amirite.

Enjoy your day, sweet friend.

@StarzAbove Great comment, my friend. I too have never noticed anyone being favored. Even when I've reported someone, a lot...

Thank ya.

Sometimes I think people make it rough for others because they are going through rough times but it is still no excuse for that kind of behavior. We have all had moments we have said things and wish we didn't but people seem to enjoy those moments all to well and keep them going.

I hope you have a fantastic day.

@Lil_Princess Thank ya. Sometimes I think people make it rough for others because they are going through rough times but it is...

I think people just don't realize how their words can hurt other people. But it's never OK, in my opinion, to deliberately hurt others or call them names. In fact, I don't block people who disagree with me, but I will block when the name calling begins. Sad, very sad.

Thanks, it's a rainy day here, so I'm staying inside. lol

@StarzAbove I think people just don't realize how their words can hurt other people. But it's never OK, in my opinion, to...

Blocking is the best thing anyone can do.

Yes it looks like it can pour here. It rained for 5 seconds earlier. Glad I don't have any running around to do today lol

@Lil_Princess Blocking is the best thing anyone can do. Yes it looks like it can pour here. It rained for 5 seconds earlier...

It rained all day yesterday and into the night. Right now it is just threatening to rain. We are water logged. lol Hope it stops soon, so we can dry out.

We usually eat out on Sundays, but I guess I'll be cooking today...darn it. lol

@StarzAbove It rained all day yesterday and into the night. Right now it is just threatening to rain. We are water...

I was surrounded by 3 feet of water yesterday. I couldn't leave till it went down because I had no idea where the road was. I am hoping it doesn't flood tonight.

I am done with the severe weather. We have had 2 tornadoes here this year and that is just to many for me lol

@Lil_Princess I was surrounded by 3 feet of water yesterday. I couldn't leave till it went down because I had no idea where the...

OMG, flooding is so dangerous. Hope it recedes soon. That's one reason I don't care for Spring. We never know what the weather is gonna be from day to day. One day it's warm, next day the furnace is running again. Heavy rain, tornadoes, never know what's gonna hit us.

Stay safe and dry.