Have you ever felt the fear of success?

I think "happiness" in life should come with a manual that explains how you should conduct yourself. Maybe it wouldn't make it so hard to appreciate.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/gUlm9edDooQFy/giphy.gif
KvotheSaviens avatar Life
8 18
@2556974

Excellent response.

Hi John! Welcome back.

@2556993

I've been helping him out. He's made great strides in his patience. I'm going to test him out a bit later with a couple famous thoughts by Bernie Sanders.

@2556993

Well, there hasn't been any all out wars while you were gone. And the interest in politics here seems to have waned. Most of my moderator duty is kind of clerical.

Yes, fear that the success wasn't what I wanted to begin with.

Yes... Only a fool doesn't fear both. I like to hang in between...somewhat veering off in one direction or the other.

Of course; this has to do with the amount you are interested in your goal.

In my case I believe it was more of realizing what I wanted to do. My titles and responsibilities have increased throughout my career until I was a manager of other software developers. I wasn't bad at it, but my real love is designing and coding.

No but various band members have over the years. People tend to bail out of a band right when it's on the cusp of success.

No ... I've actually never pursued anything I didn't feel I could handle. I'll probably never go shark fishing. no smilie

I'm must not understand properly as I can't imagine how anyone would fear things finally working out after you put a lot of effort into getting to that point? I'm usually bouncing off the walls with excitement :)

@OzSurfer I'm must not understand properly as I can't imagine how anyone would fear things finally working out after you put...

Well success doesn't always equate to things working out. You might land a new position with a huge pay increase but it might require a large move that could change your whole life. You might land a job that you waver a bit in your confidence to actually carry out the duties of. I would think it to be pretty common feelings. But we all process things differently.

For me...I am used to putting in all the effort to have it ripped it right away from me because I actually get to enjoy it.

Nope. Failure though, that's a common theme for me.

Yes! Volunteered to do a big fundraiser for a local hospital. I got them twice as much as they thought they would. They bought a special piece of equipment and then I realized they were going to charge a lot for the patients to use that equipment. It turned me off. Then they wanted me to head the fundraiser the next year - that's where the fear of success came in.
I politely begged off and I was glad I did.

Oh I won't lie, I am terrified of success. I had success once and I watched it sink bigger than the Titanic as it did, I pour one drink after another while I had a lawyer on one side and an accountant on the other telling me I was losing my ass.

Things start to work out for me then like a kamikaze pilot they crash and burn. While I haven't given up...I am taking a break from trying and just enjoying each day and what it brings.

🦋