Jaxxis avatar Life
4 8

High-volume bartending during Mardi Gras, I pulled $500 in one 7-3am shift not counting the actual wage. Most nights it was pretty fun...

I once made about $4000 over about 3 days on the stock market from buying into a company called Orica. I'd planned to keep the shares long term, but when I saw them spike, I decided to sell. They doubled that value over the following week but then took a dive so I was happy with what I'd made.

I guess that would be when I was working in a cafe on the Manteo, NC waterfront. One of the patrons who was visiting by boat gave me a hundred dollar tip, when the bill was nothing even close to leaving that kind of "gratuity".

@Piper2 I guess that would be when I was working in a cafe on the Manteo, NC waterfront. One of the patrons who was...

Amazing the people you encounter waiting tables, right? I can't tell you how many times that very thing happened to me in the Quarter. One fellow gave me a hundred bucks and I never even served him. He said: "You've been running your butt off all night, here you go." I liked to fell over.

@ForkNdaRoad Amazing the people you encounter waiting tables, right? I can't tell you how many times that very thing happened to...

Yep. I waited on Andy Griffith once! The guys that ran the restaurant made me, cause they knew I didn't want to. I can't recall what kind of tipper he was.... :)

I bet we both have plenty of stories, from those waiting tables days.

Anonymous