Have you or someone you know created a holiday that you regularly celebrate?

When I was very young my Mom started a tradition on May 1st that has become known as May Pop Day. The way it is celebrated is by walking up to people and face palming them as you yell "MAY POP!" in their face.

Image for post Have you or someone you know created a holiday that you regularly celebrate?
KvotheSaviens avatar Jokes & Humour
6 12
@2557628

Too late Funky Bunch, you didn't even post this song as one that would define you on my other post. You're more Donnie than Mark in my eyes, LOL.

On the last day of school, we were allowed to go barefoot. That was a big deal, even though it was cold lots of times.

Festivus? I remind everyone...

@KvotheSavien

I loved that show....

I also just remembered from my past: we celebrated Christmas at the beginning of Dec...it is called St. Nicks day and is common throughout Europe... When I say "Christmas", I mean we exchanged presents then....

Tell you the truth I always felt cheated by not getting presents on Christmas Day...like other kids.

@Sukiesnow I loved that show.... I also just remembered from my past: we celebrated Christmas at the beginning of Dec...it is...

I've lost count of how many times I've seen every episode of that show. I'll still watch the reruns whenever I catch them on.

Not familiar with St. Nick's Day.....I imagine nearly a month later you would feel a bit left out....while at the same time the other kids are jealous that you got your gifts a month early.

@KvotheSavien I've lost count of how many times I've seen every episode of that show. I'll still watch the reruns whenever I...

St. Nick is another form of St. Nicolas...which becomes another form of SinterClaus....which also translates into Santa Claus...but the Eurpoean form. As there wasn't any Internet in them daze...customs were different in Europe.

Kids were not jealous of our presents; my parents were careful not to spoil us...and we considered an "orange" to be a present.

Now I am wondering if I can get people to celebrate "Princess Day"...wait...I might not want that...I can see that not turning out so well.think smilie

🦋