+4

Inspirational sayings don't make up for the messages you received as a child. The messages from the past are the ones that stick. Amirite

What are inspirational sayings really, but a hoax? Some lovely words but...do they actually DO anything...our childhood imprint is already made...and reading inspirational sayings is just a last ditch struggle. Look past into the last 10 years of your life...has it been ALL that much different than your childhood was? Other than the basic changes of becoming a mature adult. The only inspirational sayings: the ones that counted, were the ones you heard before you were 5 - 10 years old.

Image for post **Inspirational sayings don't make up for the messages you received as a child.** //The messages from the past are the ones that stick.// **Amirite**
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
6 18

I read inspirational quotes every day. It was something my late AA sponsor had me do. Plus I grew up with them on the walls of the home. While those quotes don't amount to a hill of beans to most people they mean the world to me.

🦋

@Lil_Princess I read inspirational quotes every day. It was something my late AA sponsor had me do. Plus I grew up with them on...

Good for you... I know we've discussed this topic before and...just to give my viewpoint some more energy...while I did what you did for a long time...I have to ask myself: did it take? How How do you know if ever any of the inspirational readings did take.

Don't get me wrong...inspirational sayings are GR8...but they are NOT experiential...and you receive them when your mind is already formed...at about the age of 5-10...mostly by then your mind automatically acknowledges some parts and disregards others..

So...if you hear inspirational sayings after that time...mostly, like I said...your brain automatically acknowledges some parts and disregards other...

Now if your childhood was full of inspirational sayings: so by the age of 4 you'd be able to memorize the Accept and Change prayer...then I'd say...yes... And also if you could see it in your life as a child...hon...you fell down the tree...try and try again... But who receives these messages at the time their brain understands and is willing to receive them....

Mostly, as a child when we fall; we receive messages of Don't Do that Again! It Hurts. etc...

Sorry, hon...that I wrote so much...and boring shit, too.

Again... I have utmost of respect for inspirational sayings...I just don't think that...in Real Life...they are as transformative in actuality...as pple would like to believe...oh, now my life is going to get much better...etc...etc...

Now what other system is there? If your religious...then prayer is a great thing...and it's also geared more to your own needs...

@Sukiesnow Good for you... I know we've discussed this topic before and...just to give my viewpoint some more energy...while I...

You have nothing to say sorry for, I didn't find it boring at all. Actually I was probably around 5 when I learned the Accept and Change prayer. It was one of my mama's favorites and on a lot of stuff she had. Between bullshit and being sick when I was younger I don't remember any words of wisdom from anyone that sticks out other than quotes I have. I am sure there was but I can't remember.

The only thing I can remember my mother telling me was, don't worry about the little things, pick the battles that matter.

@StarzAbove The only thing I can remember my mother telling me was, don't worry about the little things, pick the battles that...

See? That is what sticks with you...what your parents taught you or what you learned early on in life...

Don't get me wrong...inspirational sayings are GR8...but they are NOT experiential...and you receive them when your mind is already formed.....so mostly by now your mind automatically acknowledges some parts and disregards others...

@Sukiesnow See? That is what sticks with you...what your parents taught you or what you learned early on in life... Don't get...

I only remember that because she thought I was being too strict with my kids. And she was right.

@2557640

So...you're at work and bored out of your gourd...which inspirational saying pops in to guide you...for the next 5 hours and on a Monday.

Not mocking...just wanting to understand. Really.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world..." How lovely. Next minute it's gone and I'm back to watching TV....

@2557622

First of all...can we agree to cut out the label's...just think..."loser" could be you in a few years...you lucked into a job and the CEO likes you...of course you work hard...you know the drill by now.

So let's cut out the label's .... It's more about "there I go by the grace of God..."...and I could be living on the streets...just like probably a few friends you grew up with...always remember that.

What you are...what you know and what you do...it's all about luck of time and place...and if someone likes you...so you've got luck in your professional life...what about your personal life...? Generally people get one or the other....

Success or failure...what does that mean exactly? :)

That's true with me. Stories of real people overcoming obstacles or failing but never giving up inspire me. Inspirational sayings only piss me off. I've unfriended acquaintances on Facebook because of it.

@PhilboydStudge That's true with me. Stories of real people overcoming obstacles or failing but never giving up inspire me...

That is true for me, also... Somehow people think that if they read inspirational sayings it will absorb into their bodies and become part of their lives....it is so faux....

@Sukiesnow That is true for me, also... Somehow people think that if they read inspirational sayings it will absorb into their...

Or worse, they think they'll cheer up someone with depression. I know they mean well, but it does anything but help.

@PhilboydStudge Or worse, they think they'll cheer up someone with depression. I know they mean well, but it does anything but help.

Ha ha you're so right! Or someone gives you an inspirational saying with a view to how you should change....they're so bogus.

Some people need the inspirational sayings to try to overcome the messages they got as children.
This too shall pass is one of the best to get you through it.

Anonymous