I’m offended that everyone is offended by something.

I’m offended that because I’m a white male, people automatically classify me as privileged, regardless of knowing where I’ve come from or what I’ve been through. I’m offended that our First Amendment has turned into freedom of speech [just as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone’s feelings]. I’m offended that people assume I’m racist because I believe in economic development by way of Capitalism and a free-market economy.

I'm offended that if I do not support gay marriage - I am the one with a problem.

I’m offended that people who are too afraid to ask for food stamps, disability, or unemployment (because they don’t want a handout) are probably the ones who could use it most, yet the majority of recipients who do in fact receive handouts abuse their “privilege” and continue to make frivolous purchases.

I’m offended that people care more about taking down an outdated Confederate flag but don’t get riled up when their American flag is being burned in the street. I’m offended that fast food workers get paid more than my soldiers yet still expect to get paid more than nurses.

I’m offended by people who claim how offended they are, while they do nothing but gripe about it on their phones or laptops, when they could be writing or calling their respective representatives to actually get something accomplished. I’m offended by the lack of initiative, hard work, and tenacity in this country. I’m offended by complainers who pity themselves and just want to take as much as they can. I’m offended by those who have in fact “made it” yet are too rude to give back to the communities in which they’ve come from.

I’m offended by people who vote for a person based on the party they represent, the race or gender, age or a religion of a candidate… instead of how the candidate proposes to address each issue, respectively. I’m offended by people who aren’t open-minded and think they’re always right, no matter what. I’m offended by people who don’t listen and read and legitimately try to understand unfamiliar concepts before brushing them off. I’m offended of what our country has become.

I don’t claim to know solutions to these issues… eventually maybe we will. I just pray that we can one day change our country for the better. And hope that our offenses can turn into progress.

Image for post I’m offended that everyone is offended by something.
10% Sorry Bud, only the left is alowed to be offended 0% Bus, unless you burn a city or destroy someones life, you're not really offended 60% Bud, you're onto something here 30% Other
Budwicks avatar Religion
6 25

I'm offended that we can no longer discuss our differences and come to an agreement. It is an all or nothing mentality with no room to compromise any more.

@2557734

I'm guilty of that, but I thought that was the point of this site. Why express an opinion here if you don't want feedback?

@2557734

Understood and agreed. That happens to be the very kind of thing that inspired this post.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Bud, you're onto something here +1Reply

People have been getting offended by something since the beginning of time. Sadly ya can't stop it...people get offended over the craziest stuff ranging from Starbucks cups to sagging pants. It is usually stuff out of ones control. I am just going sit back and sip my sweet tea and enjoy life.

🦋

@2557824

Extra Sweet 6 smilie

@2557700

I chose to use the term 'snowflake because it rolls off the tongue more easily than 'a person perceived as overly sensitive and fragile, one that desires closing down free speech and demands a lot of attention.

Perhaps you should consider flagging this post as offensive. Maybe I'll get suspended and I'll learn a lesson.

@2557717

Really? In Missouri in the 1860s, a “snowflake” was a person who was against the abolition of slavery, according to Merriam-Webster. Snowflakes during that time period valued white people over black people and wanted slavery to continue after the Civil War.

During the 1970s, snowflake was used as a derogatory term for white or black people who were perceived as acting white.

When Hillary lost the election and her supporters subsequently lost their minds late in 2016, they were referred to as buttercups and snowflakes.

Now, you like that term (snowflake) and want to take ownership to defame the right?

Maybe you should consider some other word that develops in an more organic fashion. You know, like 'a basket of deplorables'. We liked that one so much you guys backed off it like snowflakes from fire!

And, if I understand what you don't respect about this post is actually not this post at all, but rather what I've said in other posts! Do you think those complaints might have been better posted on those posts? Or, is it more important to derail this one?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Bud, you're onto something here 0Reply
@2557737

I really think you're gonna need to come up with your own word. Do you know the paper work involved to transfer 'snowflake' to the left?

@2557744

You know, I have a hard time respecting the fact that you take personal stabs at the beliefs and opinions of those that are different than your own.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Bud, you're onto something here +2Reply

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Bud, you're onto something here 0Reply
@Anonymousmouse

Well, that was interesting! Sort of like a steampunk Facebook meets Harry Potter. I especially liked the Swedes banning plant humiliation.

@Budwick Well, that was interesting! Sort of like a steampunk Facebook meets Harry Potter. I especially liked the Swedes...

it is so true of our society, i mean look at the trans comunity, they create all the fake genders, and pretend to be of opposite sex and for what? their 15 minutes of special fame. and they are putting girls and even boys at risk for their attempt at getting attention. and that is just one example

On the internet, everyone seems to take the "if you believe in it, you can do it" thing. That's why people are starting to say they identify as random things like cats o furniture (I am not even kidding) and expect to be treated just like transgenders. Maybe I have just this really messed up way of thinking, but I don't think you can actually be a chair born in the body of a human, while I do believe that men can be born in the body of a woman and the other way around. So yes, people get offended way to quick

EliFishs avatar EliFish Bud, you're onto something here 0Reply
Anonymous