+9

Silly Evangelicals, can't even see you are no different than the radical Islamist you fear.

Image for post Silly Evangelicals, can't even see you are no different than the radical Islamist you fear.
VicZincs avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
7 25

I could say this of all structured religion.

Us and them
Us and them
Us and them

Say it enough times and it becomes natural. And it has been said enough times.

All religions have the propensity to become dangerous. Most, at some point, have.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

Of all the campaign promises for the President to keep. I have not seen this "open season on Christians", but I fear I will see the reverse.

YES

I've had conversations with Evangelicals before and some of them sounded as fanatics as the Islamic fanatics - change the name of the God, some of the terms they use, and there's no much difference in their speech. Crazy is crazy, no matter what group they belong to, and it's not difficult to see the similarities, when "Hate different from me" is the common theme both seem to support. Hypocrisy in religion is nothing new. The day when the popular notion between religious people is that "No religion group is perfect", now that will surprise me.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply

Anyone who doesn't see the difference between living in a Christian based society and an Islamic based society must be living in a cave.

They can have this us against "them" attidude.

Still living way back in the days of the Inquisition? I haven't noticed maniacal Christians lopping of people's heads, shooting, and blowing shit up recently. Don't even say "Timothy McVeigh; That was over 20 years ago.

@VicZinc Dylann Roof

So then my reply is "You found one? Amazing!"

@JerryHendrickson So then my reply is "You found one? Amazing!"

And mine is

In so called terrorists breeding ground it is legal to discriminate and call it religious freedom, that's the fear of sharia law.

In America it is not, yet. If it ever becomes OK to discriminate in the name of religion then we are no better than they are.

You don't recognize a difference between Islam and Christianity? Then, you mustn't know either one.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +2Reply
@VicZinc I see the difference Do you see the similarity?

While some similarities exist between Islam and Christianity (they are both monotheistic religions, for example), their differences are clear-cut, significant, and irreconcilable.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick While some similarities exist between Islam and Christianity (they are both monotheistic religions, for example)...

And...

...so we should just kill them.

Nothing is irreconcilable if you reconcile it.

@VicZinc And... ...so we should just kill them. Nothing is irreconcilable if you reconcile it.

Just kill them? That's a big jump - even for you Vic!
Did I suggest anywhere to 'just kill them'?
Or, was that just you projecting - again?

Reconcile -
OK, you go tell Islam that God who exists in three eternal, co-equal Persons (Father, Son, and Spirit) who share the same indivisible essence. Get that reconciled, then get back to me.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous