-12

You should not have kids. Go ahead, you can have them if you want, but you shouldn’t have children. One, they make you unhappy and it risks your relationship with your partner. Two, they take a lot of time, effort, money, pain, and stress. Three, there is no point in having them and they will grow up to destroy our planet like the rest of the humans. I you want the world to stay alive, do not have children.

dont have kids

Life_Is_Pointlesss avatar Language
2 99

Exactly what are we saving the planet for if there's no one here to enjoy it.

I didn't have a happy life prior to my kid. Were it not for him, I'd likely have killed myself being stupid long ago. And in his short 10 years here, he's done more to improve this world than some adults I know have done in their entire lives.

I don't regret it, not even a little bit.

@ForkNdaRoad Exactly what are we saving the planet for if there's no one here to enjoy it. I didn't have a happy life prior to...

Your kid might be wishing you never had them. And even if they don't now, everyone has a suicidal thought at LEAST once in their life. Also, just because you don't regret it doesn't mean your kids agree

@Life_Is_Pointless Your kid might be wishing you never had them. And even if they don't now, everyone has a suicidal thought at LEAST...

Nice of you to try to speak for him while chastising me as if I did.

Having a suicidal thought doesn't negate the possibility of a healthy fulfilling life unless one just chooses for it to be so. The are more options than that. Part of self being happy is in providing in kind to others, that is what makes life fulfilling.

@ForkNdaRoad Nice of you to try to speak for him while chastising me as if I did. Having a suicidal thought doesn't negate the...

Well ur not bein very kind to me. Does that make your life unfulfilling? Cuz that's kind of what ur saying

@Life_Is_Pointless Well ur not bein very kind to me. Does that make your life unfulfilling? Cuz that's kind of what ur saying

My rejection of your premise isn't an attack on you, it's simply a rejection of your premise. There's truly no need to read any more into words, unless you just choose to.

@ForkNdaRoad My rejection of your premise isn't an attack on you, it's simply a rejection of your premise. There's truly no need...

You didn't answer my question and just because u don't think it was an attack doesn't mean I'm think the same thing

@Life_Is_Pointless You didn't answer my question and just because u don't think it was an attack doesn't mean I'm think the same thing

Was it an actual question or was it a straw-man? It seemed more like another attempt to reassign thoughts / feelings to me for the purpose of criticizing said thoughts / feelings. I'm giving you my actual thoughts on the matter, there's no need to dig for some deeper contradiction.

I now suspect that you would be unhappy with anything answer I give you short of the one you desire, but feel free to prove me wrong.

That said, if you honestly believe that you are better suited to enlighten me as to what my kid may or may not think than I am and that my pointing out the obvious problem with that premise is somehow an assault on you as a person, then I'm sorry you feel that way.

What I won't apologize for is my rejection of your attempts to tell me what I think.

@ForkNdaRoad Was it an actual question or was it a straw-man? It seemed more like another attempt to reassign thoughts /...

I didn't do that and if i did, I'm sorry. I'm only 13, jesus. And because I'm 13, I have no idea what u are talking about

@Life_Is_Pointless I didn't do that and if i did, I'm sorry. I'm only 13, jesus. And because I'm 13, I have no idea what u are talking...

Ahh...

No worries, it's all good on my end. But if you really feel this way, you should talk to your parents about it. They're a better fit for this discussion than people online. No disrespect intended, just throwing it out there.

@ForkNdaRoad Ahh... No worries, it's all good on my end. But if you really feel this way, you should talk to your parents...

U can't say that when you don't know my relationship status with my parents. There's a possibility talking to my parents could make it worse

@Life_Is_Pointless U can't say that when you don't know my relationship status with my parents. There's a possibility talking to my...

Fair enough, but surely there's at least one responsible adult you know personally that you could talk to, yeah? It beats the hell out of online strangers who don't know your situation, much less that you're 13. You know?

@Life_Is_Pointless Yea but I don't have an adult who I could talk to

That's pretty shitty. I know if my kid felt that way, I would want to know, no matter what the situation was. I would do everything in my power to help him through whatever it was that was causing him to feel that way because no one should have to go through that alone, much less as a teen when human emotions are more intense than at any other point in our lives.

Unless your parents are the most abusive sacks of crap on this rock, I suspect they'd want to know too.

@ForkNdaRoad That's pretty shitty. I know if my kid felt that way, I would want to know, no matter what the situation was. I...

Of course they want to know and no, they're not abusive sacks of crap, they're nice, but they don't understand, like the rest of u, so what's the point in talking if they can't help u?

@Life_Is_Pointless Of course they want to know and no, they're not abusive sacks of crap, they're nice, but they don't understand...

The point is, they'll respect your feelings because you're their kid. You won't find that from people online. If they can't understand, they'll find someone who does. They will work relentlessly to help you through whatever problems you have, that's what parents do. Good ones, at least.

@ForkNdaRoad Well, you can't solve a problem you don't know exists.

I've tried telling them, but i speak 2 languages and since I speak English more, because of school and friends, I am better with my second language(English). My first language, I'm forgetting a little and since my parents speak the first language, I can't seem to explain very well about what I'm feeling or thinking.

Well, we absolutely agree that some people probably "shouldn't" be bringing a child into the world....

I have kids, and they are the love of my life. The happiness that they have brought into my life far exceeds the stress and worry.

@StarzAbove I have kids, and they are the love of my life. The happiness that they have brought into my life far exceeds the...

You're forgetting the part where I said life is pointless and people are destroying the earth. Also, as a kid, I wish my parents never had me. Idc what u parents say, kids are the love of my life, blah blah blah, but Idc! Again, do your kids a favour and don't have them!!

@Life_Is_Pointless You're forgetting the part where I said life is pointless and people are destroying the earth. Also, as a kid, I...

Maybe if you had kids you would understand the love most parents have for the kids. I agree, some people should never have kids, and evidently your parents were one of those. Too bad you had such a miserable life which caused you to have such a miserable attitude.

I hope some day you can find happiness.

One thing we agree on is that "you" should probably not have kids. Kids are a commitment and when raised by the right kind of parents, the time, the effort, the money, the pain and the stress, are all worth it.

@JustJimColo One thing we agree on is that "you" should probably not have kids. Kids are a commitment and when raised by the...

Again, do u want the world to be destroyed? Humans are the cause of a lot of things. Kids grow into earth-destroying-creatures

@Life_Is_Pointless Again, do u want the world to be destroyed? Humans are the cause of a lot of things. Kids grow into...

Animals also destroy the earth. They over graze, they destroy other species. Nature destroys the planet with drought, floods, eruptions, etc etc.
Are you proposing we eliminate the human race to save the planet? And if so, save it for who?

@JustJimColo Animals also destroy the earth. They over graze, they destroy other species. Nature destroys the planet with...

Ok now it's getting out of hand. Forget what I said. Besides the fact that life is pointless. If y'all don't understand, that's fine and I guess I'm alone I think this world. Even though so many say "you are not alone" blah blah blah

Also, they're ruining the planet because they overgraze? Really? We release chemicals and toxic shit into the air every goddamn day

@2559192

I'm 13 Jesus Christ. I get straight A's I'm perfectly fine

@2559152

I'm not telling, I'm suggesting. There's a difference

@Life_Is_Pointless I'm not telling, I'm suggesting. There's a difference

And at the start, I did say, "go have them if you want" I also used the word 'shouldnt' so no I'm not telling people how to live

Every couple needs to have 2 or preferably 3 children to sustain our population at present levels, 2 to replace the parents and another to replace someone who didn't have any children. That hasn't been happening, the birth rate in the west is well below replacement.

The only continent in which population growth hasn't slowed considerably is Africa. Food aid from wealthy nations in combination with a culture that values large families has led to unsustainable levels of population growth in parts of Africa. But the rest of the world is pretty much stable. We've passed "peak baby," most of the population growth in the world is from people living longer, not having more children.

Barring some kind of unforeseen calamity, global population is expected to top out at about 9 billion and begin a gradual decline. If that seems like too many people, consider this: Everybody on earth could live in a single family suburban home with a yard in Texas. There is enough land there to do it. That's only one state out of 50 in the US, in a world with 196 countries.

So don't worry about it, go out there and find someone to have some kids with. You'll be creating the future, not destroying it.

@Maze Every couple needs to have 2 or preferably 3 children to sustain our population at present levels, 2 to replace the...

There's fucking 7 BILLION people!!!! That's over population! Check on the internet, there are others who think that's too much people

@2559611

I was going to say something but then you would for sure call me mental

@2559947

Well everyone's making assumptions about me. Someone even assumed I was a boy! Anyway, i said was going to say something but if I did, u would call me mental

@Life_Is_Pointless There's fucking 7 BILLION people!!!! That's over population! Check on the internet, there are others who think...

That's just a number, the world is a big place. In nature when a species' numbers increase as rapidly as ours have, it's followed by a crash in population. Whether that happens to us or not is anyone's guess, but I think it's a possibility. But regardless, time is on the earth's side, no matter what we do, it will recover.

The bigger question is how we can keep it a livable environment for us now and in our future. But don't worry about CO2, it's a load of BS, has nothing to do with warming. We have altered the climate through deforestation, there's abundant evidence to show that, and it's really our biggest environmental threat, at least as far as climate goes. Trees bring rain, we know this from cutting down large swaths of the Amazon jungle and seeing the climate dry up. The middle east used to be covered in forest, but humans cut it all down and now the climate there is borderline unlivable.

But that's not mentioned in the news because there's no money in fighting deforestation, it's a pure environmental issue, and media only "care" about what they're told to care about by their corporate masters.

@Life_Is_Pointless So people DO destroy the planet. Thanks for telling me

We don't have the capacity to destroy the planet, at least not by deforesting it. We'll make it unlivable for ourselves and die off. Fortunately we have brains, and with a little luck we'll devise a way to live in symbiosis with the natural world, so it can continue to provide the support we need. Trees can be planted, forests can regrow, all it takes is the will to do it.

@Life_Is_Pointless Well we don't have the will to do it so I guess we're all dying 😄

We have the will, it's just been misdirected into fighting an imaginary problem that provides pretext for taxes and regulations, ie money and power. I should make a documentary about it.

I agree with what Maze says. I wish i could have had kids, but I never met anyone interested.

Speaking from experience, the worst thing about not having kids when you live in a society surrounded by families is that you are completely isolated. Sure you might say hi to people in the street, have acquaintances at work etc, yet even there they all want to talk to each other about their kids, and you don't fit in... but you know at the end of the day, you are reminded that you come second to everyone else when they say, "see you later I have to rush home to my family and the people who are most important to me" and that isn't you. Imagine night after night for most of your life, every evening you are home alone, cooking the same thing or eating out alone, while everyone else you know doesn't have time for you because they are having dinner with their families. You have a very small window of opportunity in your life time to be a part of that with no guarantees that it will happen, but don't shut the door on it without thinking it through because you spend most of your life old... the last thing you want is it to also be alone.

@2559186

If you have read some of the other comments, there is clearly no one who is like me. There is not a lot of people who've been through the same as me. Also, life is pointless when you think very hard.

@2561307

there is no two alike and therefore no two will ever go through the same exact things. and yes, i know people who have gone through worse than me but they or me can't relate or understand eachother because it's just not the same.

I'm never having kids, but what in the world is the point of keeping the earth around without us on it? We're the coolest form of life EVER. Nothing will be cooler than humans, idc what you say. Intelligent life? That's crazy! Until we can confirm in our little human consciences there is intelligent life elsewhere, I think we need to keep the human train going. For now, if it's just us being all intelligent and living, I think we need to preserve that quality.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Disagree +3Reply
@Skr3wBall I'm never having kids, but what in the world is the point of keeping the earth around without us on it? We're the...

Humans destroy the earth. Idk about u but ever heard of global warming? It's cuz of us. Soon, there will be no humans anyways. Also, as my name says, life is pointless

@Life_Is_Pointless Humans destroy the earth. Idk about u but ever heard of global warming? It's cuz of us. Soon, there will be no...

Humans also save the earth. That's a unique human power. Technology advances pretty rapidly and there are several nations in the world repairing the damage we've so negligently done. Also idk what you mean by "soon", humans will probably be around for another eh 5 billion years, that's about the length of our Sun's projected lifespan (then the earth ends too). Plus within that time, we'll more than likely have a way off of Earth.

also life is pointless relative to what? what in this universe has a "point"?

@Skr3wBall Humans also save the earth. That's a unique human power. Technology advances pretty rapidly and there are several...

Yea. So why are we all living. And "save" isn't the right word. We're just fixing or replacing our mistakes.

"Humans destroy the earth. Idk about u but ever heard of global warming? It's cuz of us. Soon, there will be no humans anyways. Also, as my name says, life is pointless"

Fucking listen to yourself, see what that leftist bullshit does to your mind? Making you think you're inherently bad, making you not want the greatest source of joy in life, it's madness.

Yes we should do a better job of protecting the environment, but that doesn't mean we should just go away. We are a playground for consciousness, that's incredibly valuable. None of this is lost, none of it is forgotten, consciousness grows like a database. We are taking consciousness forward, expanding it, that's the entire point of the physical universe.

How much matter, how much energy had to be created and arranged for us to be here, having this experience? How much TIME? It took billions of years to set this up. And you think we're some kind of parasite? We're the height of the experience man, the outer reaches of what this corner of the universe has created. You're not some valueless blob of cells, you're what it's all about.

Pointless - You're not in a bell tower with a high powered rifle, are you?

I appreciate you strong sense of optimism.

If life is so bad for you why stick around ?

Cantstops avatar Cantstop Disagree +1Reply
@Cantstop I appreciate you strong sense of optimism. If life is so bad for you why stick around ?

As I said in my other post, I'm only living because I'm scared. Not of death but the process of it

@Life_Is_Pointless As I said in my other post, I'm only living because I'm scared. Not of death but the process of it

I believe that, if somebody is unhappy beyond repair, suicide is okay. The process can be quick and painless. You saying it is the process that prevents you from doing it, that's a copout. You're just looking for attention and getting it at this point, so I'm saying my last.

Cantstops avatar Cantstop Disagree +3Reply
@2559495

No one necessary has to enjoy it

@2559839

Well I'm mental, as y'all are pointing ojt

@2560090

Well on my end it kind of seems like it

@2561371

and i can't help what i say, hear, think, or worry about. So just let me be and if i'm "depressed" it's really none of your business since you are a random stranger who can't do anything to help

@2561743

I'm not forcing. And just because I post something depressed doesn't mean others are going to be depressed. Also, I'm leaving this site for good after I'm done talking with a person on here so u can just go about ur day and forget about me

One day a partner will make you unhappy too...Pointless.

Cut to the chase...
Stay on the couch eating Cheetos all day...
Watching soap operas, counting loose change and coordinating trash to be recycled..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree 0Reply

My babies are worth every sacrifice I have ever had to make, they are worth every penny I have had to spend, they are worth every sleepless night and worry I endured.I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world and I don't regret them for a second even if their dad is an asshole.

@Lil_Princess My babies are worth every sacrifice I have ever had to make, they are worth every penny I have had to spend, they...

Well, kids take on from both their parents so some of their dad's shit might pass on to kids lol. Anyways.. life is pointless so idk why ur defending for ur earth destroying creatures. Also, I never said ANYTHING about children being worthless. I said you SHOULDNT have them

@Life_Is_Pointless Well, kids take on from both their parents so some of their dad's shit might pass on to kids lol. Anyways.. life is...

I never said ya did....I would sit here and argue because you are just looking to start shit but I am just gonna ignore ya...it ain't worth my time getting stressed out over biggrin smilie

Thanks for the advice, but I still want kids one day. And you know, not everyone is the same at dealing with kids. While some people hate kids and everything that goes with having one, others deal well with it and love their kids even with the stressful times. The same with the kids - I don't doubt there's people who wish they were never born, but I'm absolutely positive not everyone feels that way, no matter if they had suicidal thoughts at one point during their lives or not.

Also, it doesn't have to exist a kid to ruin someone's relationship. Adults ruin it on their own just fine.

With your third point, you just seem to be making an alternative argument for something like this picture.
Is it true? I guess the planet would be good with no humans in it. But stopping humanity seems a little bit extreme. If you care about the world, there's ways to go at it besides international suicide or purposely walk towards extinction.