+10

Listened to no news for a week. Sweet relief.......of course, then, i did. I think when i leave here, i will become one of the blissfully, ill informed

Carlas avatar Life
11 16
@2559762

I love it when the good guys win

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply

I stopped listening a long time ago. I'll read online to stay aware of what's going on in the world, but I can't stomach cable news. I make an exception for C-SPAN. I prefer to go there and get it straight from the horse mouth.

@ForkNdaRoad I stopped listening a long time ago. I'll read online to stay aware of what's going on in the world, but I can't...

My new plan.

In my home, some news channel is on all the time. Hard to tune out. So i hear, then have to read other sources....on and on.

Too much is too much

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +6Reply
@Carla My new plan. In my home, some news channel is on all the time. Hard to tune out. So i hear, then have to read...

Oh I understand completely, I'm inundated with it due to those around me. I've had some pretty heated disputes over it too. I shut it down especially when my kid is around. I just don't think it's healthy for us, you know?

@2559736

I would if i could.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

Nah...you might start to miss it...and feel left out.

I never watch news on tv, or listen to it on radio..

Informed or ill informed...
I can't save the country or the world and i don't try to fool myself that i can..

I do what i have to do, to keep bills paid and move on to the next day.
That's the only thing, i have the most control over..

I don't watch the news. It's full of rubbish that is twisted by the media. And I'd rather not be reminded every day of animal cruelty and slaughter of innocent people. Why do people feel this sense of duty to keep misinformed with news? News is not reality by the way. It's an expensive opinion.

LiVis avatar LiVi Agree +2Reply

No news, how can you live in a bubble like that??

@Carla I was away. And very busily, unconcerned

OIC a get away. I have gone on a cruise for that kind of freedom. Never wanted to be uninformed of world events

Anonymous