+10

Why can't rap be about nice things?

Image for post **Why can't rap be about nice things?**
Sukiesnows avatar Music
7 31

All about dem street creds..

Just remember the code...
When you get busted and/or wind up in jail/prison, reply with....
"I din dew nuffin".

Writing about nice things would be a start..
Actual music would help too.
On the rare occasion when you do hear some real music in their son..., whatever..
It's a clip of music stole from actual musicians and looped into their own...whatever.

Rappers... promoting crime to keep their images up..and record labels going.

@2561825

It's confusing for some people..

I like all genre's of music, but I will admit trying to find something in rap that doesn't have gross references to someone's mother or sister is hard. I really like fun rap when I can find it... although the purists will probably tell me this isn't rap...

@2561023

But the word "fuck" and other bad words don't need to be included in great art.

@2561052

LOL...

Bubblegum...the Beach Boys doesn't have any fucks in it. Neither does some of the Beatles, like: Let's Do the Twist...was that the Beatles or Elton John... Not my eras...

The Beatles is: Twist and Shout... Elton is...Let's Do The Twist...like we did last summer...

And like, why, is the word "bitch" used so often...along with descriptions.

@2561066

Opera and Classical can emote without swearing...why can't modern day songs do the same?

Okay...some swearing I could accept...but it's so gratuitous...

I forget the artist right now, but he hated most songs on the radio because they were so shallow and stupid... he liked deeper meaning items that made you think... But he could never get his career off the ground.

One day he decided what the heck, I'll create a stupid shallow song just to do something different and that song got him very high on the bill boards (or something). And so he kept performing it, but listening to him, I don't think he really loved that song.

Point being, artist (to some degree) follow the success... as to why the artist songs are so shallow is because that's where their market is.

But why is the market there? That's the real question...

Also I've heard of a couple of studies that tracked words in music and something like the average song on the radio today is at a 3rd graders reading level, an all time low, but the market has been trending that way for decades.

The market seems to be for simpler shallower music that hits listeners at the most basic levels possible.

So the real question is why are cultures devolving and getting towards a less complex levels.

@Zolfie I forget the artist right now, but he hated most songs on the radio because they were so shallow and stupid... he...

Well, yes...the Beatles had their Bubblegum period (I Wanna Hold Your Haanndd..., Twist and Shout, etc...) which was not the stuff they were very proud of...but it did make them money....

Of course why can't news be about nice things? ... because negativity sells better for some reason.

@2561383

Damn you damn you, once again you read my mind.hehe smilie乂^◡^乂

Cause all of life just ain't nice. I listen to mostly country rap...it is about protecting our way of life, working, and putting up with people who make fun of those from the country.

🦋

@2561321

The Lacs are my favorite. I also like Ryan Upchurch, Moonshine Bandits, Jawga Boyz, and Sarah Ross.

@2561375

Glad ya liked

This is one of my favorites

@2562004

Thank ya for taking the time to listen.

That was Will Smiths complaint too. Listen to his rap or a lot of eminem's stuff

Life imitates art. Using art to highlight things that aren't "nice" allows the audience to see them, recognize them as not nice things, and hopefully address them in the Real World™

Because people who write it,aren't nice people.They are sick and twisted.

Anonymous