Budwicks avatar Politics
7 17

I am always nervous at first, but I warm up to it in a few minutes. But I've never spoken to a hostile group .... that would probably be awful.

@JanHaskell I am always nervous at first, but I warm up to it in a few minutes. But I've never spoken to a hostile group...

I hadn't even considered speaking to a hostile group. That does add a whole new dimension.

I can do it without vomiting or passing out on the floor, but I'd really rather not do it at all.

@2561527

I meet with corporate boards and committees in sales too. I'm also comfortable with that. I realized it's because I know what I am talking about.

I had an 'opportunity' once to MC a live comedy show - in a comedy club, professional comics, probably 175 - 200 people in the audience. My job was to simply welcome the audience, make them feel comfortable, introduce the acts. There was no requirement to get any laughs - in fact I was told to not try to do that. It was a whole different kettle of fish. It was very uncomfortable - I'll never do it again. In fact, they made me sign something promising I would never do it again.

Very comfortable. I have had to do it at work in front of 150 people before so it doesn't bother me. Sometimes I have to give a class that normally has 25-40 people in it.

🦋

I don't like it at all. I used to play in bands professionally so I'd have to sing in front of a few hundred some nights. That was easy compared to talking.

Anonymous