-2

Were you mad at the world when you found out Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, God, and the Tooth Fairy were all fake?

Image for post **Were you mad at the world when you found out Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, --God--, and the Tooth Fairy were all fake?**
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
7 27

As for Santa, the Easter Bunny, and Tooth Fairy, I'll always be grateful for the magical part they played in my young world.

@2561648

Uh-hum...yep...know the feeling...nnnoooo....it get's worse...

Interesting, semple. You are. I've never outed myself as an atheist.

@2561737

I spent 10 years without my family; but now we are all close.

Strange things do happen.

@2562501

That's me, too...but it''s possible they may have accepted it. In any case...I don't see them a lot...either....

No. Just a little bummed right at first, when such delightful delusions were crashed, especially Santa and his reindeer. I didn't really think any of them were "real" anyway, except maybe St. Nick, when I was very young.

I wasn't mad at my parents either, when my brother and I peeked out my bedroom room and saw them being the "Easter Bunny", when I was maybe 7.

I wouldn't be putting "God" in the same category, myself.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +3Reply
@Piper2 Yeah, and they do. Like you did.

As I did. And I could've added Bhudda, Mohammed...etc and crossed them out in the same manner...and with the same intentions.

@Sukiesnow As I did. And I could've added Bhudda, Mohammed...etc and crossed them out in the same manner...and with the same...

Of course you could have. I just mentioned that I wouldn't be putting a person's personal faith in a "God" in the same category, Sukie.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Disagree +1Reply

Lol, I don't even remember the times when I believed in them, so I don't know. But I'll guess not. If I had reacted bad, my mum would already made some joke about it.

I remember my younger sister crying when she found out Santa was fake though xD

Sofias avatar Sofia Disagree +3Reply
@Sofia Lol, I don't even remember the times when I believed in them, so I don't know. But I'll guess not. If I had...

That is cute...but I reacted much the same as you...it wasn't a big deal at our place to begin with...and just kinda faded...

Maybe that is what makes a difference... In some families there is a a lot of emphasis place on Santa.

No I wasn't mad when I learned the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the Tooth Fairy were not real. Just because I couldn't see them didn't mean they time spent believing wasn't magical.

🦋

@2561635

I don't quite understand your reaction...and thank you for unblocking me so I could ask.

@2562417

Thank you...

I don't know what else to say. At this point.

@2562422

Yes. I'm sorry you felt I was being cavalier with the word God. Although I would have been the same with the words of Ghandi, Bhudda, or Mohammed.

Being on Amirite has, again...taught me to respect other people's religion.

Who actually bought that crap

Anonymous